Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

FUEL TANK VALVE

Bio

Just removed the fuel tank vent charcoal filter canister and looked at the fuel tank vent mod.

Is the valve fitted midway in the new vent tube just a one way valve to allow air into the tank whilst preventing escape of fuel from the tank vent?

What happens if the fuel tank preassurises?

Looking at the picture of the new layout why is it necessary to have a length of tubing after this new valve.

John

John

If you've just removed the canister then you'll be left with a tube in the engine compartment. This goes down the tunnel where it will connect via a valve to the fuel tank. This is the tank breather. So all you need do is pop the end of the tube somewhere convenient. I lengthened it & put it into the oil catch tank.

Of course by all means do the mod if you wish, it is neater. I didn't do the mod until I rebuilt the car.

Mick

Thanks Mick

Done the Mod and removed and investigated the vent valve mounted above the dedion tube before refitting it.

The valve ventes both ways under preassure to allow air into the tank and the tank to release preassure but when petrol tries to escape from the tank vent pipe it is blocked by the valve.

Clever little thing ...not just a oneway valve as I first thought.

John