Click here if you are having website access problems ×

list of bushes for front suspension ?

Jason Plato

I have changed some bushes on the rear of my live axle car to Powerflex ones, they are only round the corner from me.

The centre A Frame bushes are hard to fit as the steel insert is bigger then the CC ones in the end i did not use them and have now fitted these here which do fit.

I did fit the Powerflex outer A frame bushes these are a strange arrangement and fit quite well however these I could not use for the forward radius arm connection as CC cut the original bush down for the Live axle cars and the bush is to long also with it in place it is possible to slide the radius arm out passed the nut that holds it on, so I did not fit them for this. These are the same bush that could be used for the upper forward front wishbone connection (DeDion type). for a small bush like this you are probably better with the original one.

I did offer to fit and try out any Caterham bushes they made but never took it any further.

Chris

K93 AMJ *wink* *thumbup*

• 3 months later...

Just back from Autosport and confused! Was looking at replacement bushes for a Live Axle (front end in particular). Powerflex and Superflex only seem to list for DeDion. Despite going with the page out of the build manual, Superflex response was to send a pattern for the front end bushes.

Does this mean that polybushes for a Live Axle is not a common replacement???

Should I stick with standard rubber from Caterham???

Autobush.Com.

Not sure if they do Caterham but just bought a full car set for my Elan (20 bushes in total, stainless crush tubes and special grease) and the quality and price is stunning (£63 delivered for a full car set).

Personally I think Superflex and Powerflex are royally taking the piss with their prices

• Area Representative
wow over £220 for a set of bushes, how does that compare to teh standard ones?

I think there are 15 bushes on a dedion car (Front wishbones 2 each x 4, A Frame 3, trailing arms 2 each x 2) and from memory, I paid around £100 to include the 2 spherical bearings (say, about £30 for these two) so around £70 when I bought a set from CC in 2005

HTH

Nick

-----

Back in a BEC!