Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K-Series cooling again

stuart147

Been on the blat before about my K-Series cooling problem. The bottom hose does not get hot!!!!!!. Previous answers included bleeding the air out of the system, and not being mechanically minded, I took the car to CC at Leicester, and they have given it the all clear. I took the car out on Saturday and Sunday ( surprised we are not included in "Spotted")and done some 300 miles. After each days run, the bottom hose was stone cold. The temp guage shows normal at all times. What is the likelihood of me doing some damage and what damage could it be? I did appreciate the previous answers, but still have this nagging doubt.

• Area Representative

Stuart

I run a Radtech radiator and there are times when ambient temperature is cool that the bottom hose doesn't warm up. This is particulalry if I'm going for a blat and not standing in traffic. It sounds like it could just be that with the weather we've had of late. If you have a bigger than standard radiator, the problem will be exagerated.

If temperatures are fine then I think you're OK.

Have you tried letting it tickover and get up to temperature? And does the fan switch on when you do this?

I think you'll probably find that thermostat will open when on tickover and allow the hose to warm.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Richard, thanks for that. As far as I can tell, the radiator is standard. I jacked the front of the car up as high as I could last night, and followed a previous suggestion off "blatchat" to bleed the system. After this, I left the car ticking over and once hot, the bottom hose was also "warm". I let the fan come on and go off a couple of times and hose then got even hotter. Took the car out for a 15 min spin just, and bottom hose barely warm after, but when left to tickover for a few mins, the hose was ok. I suppose that I have kind of fixed things, fingers crossed.