Click here if you are having website access problems ×

159.9 BHP XFlow required

MarcNS

• Area Representative

Marc

You will be right up against what an Ital can take. Partly it is power, partly it is the style of driving and the clutch action.

I suggest you contact Jigsaw who apparently have uprated parts for Ital rear axles.

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty.

Edited by - Golf Juliet Tango on 29 Sep 2008 18:04:47

Marc i did a few sprints for the first time this year in my old mans ital axle crossflow (circa 140bhp), great fun and looking forward to next year and trying some of the hills. Our rear axle is bogo standard so probably requires some mods too to prevent it getting damaged in the longer term. Do you have any more info and costs on the above mods?

All miles and *smile*

Martyn

Martyn,

The Ital should be able to cope with 140bhp if you don't use sticky rubber - I've had no problem abusing mine on the track with Yoko A021R's. Don't know which class you're in but 1A tyres should be fine. One precaution worth doing is overfilling the diff by jacking the back of the car up when filling the diff.

Muscat i run ao21's too (class 3) not tuned the engine yet but hoping it will be closer to 150bhp, got a box of tricks to set the jets in the carbs up! I have noticed that there is a fair bit of oil residue round the diff so i guess a bit has blown out the breather. I will take heed of your advice and overfill the diff this winter.

My car doesn’t need anymore power it needs the suspension setting up properly, that and a driver with more skill and confidence! Perhaps the windscreen needs to come off too though and the spare seat taking out... 😬

I am running a 1700 Xflow with Holbay head at 140bhp but to get to 160 bhp will cost well over £2k.

I would like to be on the pace at least at Harewood which I have driven many times.

To move down to class 1 (125 bhp) will be much less expensive but the engine (cc's) is too big *confused* I had better do a post on Tech Talk.

I have a spare diff that I will upgrade with a German made CW&P from Jigsaw.

about £300 I think

the LSD is a lot more dosh so only really if you are going for a lot more power.

If I break the half shafts I will go for the upgrades. The link to Jigsaw is above from GJT.