Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.8 VVC K Series Caterham.

Gingerbread Man

I'm after the above (1.8K VVC) powered Caterham.

Wet weather equipment and road legal preferred.

I'm based in Hampshire. GU31 postcode.

I have seen these go for 12K up to 16K. Sadly though my budget is around 12K for the Seven.

If you have a Seven that may fit the bill. Please get in touch.

Thanks.

David Lewis.

• Area Representative

David,

Welcome. Anything we can do to help more people get the se7en message the better.

You've done well by hitting on this site firstly.

Next steps . . . Join the club (~£40ish), get down to your local monthly meet and meet other owners.

Any advice you get may help you find exactly what you seek.

Scan the papers and websites.

Caterham pre-owned

Autotrader

Caterham section on Pistonheads

. . .

I'm sure other members will kick in with links to the others sites out there that you want to keep tabs on.

VVC might be tough at the numbers you mention, but happy hunting,

Giles

Beryl the Yellow Peril (HPC)

Long shot at my price I know but I've seen a mere few in the past before I have a total to spend and want a piece of the cake.

I'm a regular Pistonheads user so I'm checking that and Autotrader, Ebay and here on a regular basis.

I signed up to the club. It's the only reason I can post ;) Thought I may as well get signed up so I can get any inside knowledge if/ when needs be.

I'll continue to be on the look out for a 1.8 going cheap. To be honest, I don't know why I'm hung up on wanting a 1.8 VVC as opposed to a 1.6.

I'm planning on the using the car daily and regularly with a passenger so I thought with the 1.8, I could treat myself to a little extra grunt without going up to a 2L and hopefully not too much extra running costs involved.

David

Edited by - Gingerbread Man on 13 Oct 2008 17:52:12

Good choice *thumbup* I've been running my 02 plate vvc for 2 years now and it's fantastic. I use it for road use only, and the 5 speed gearbox is well matched to the vvc unit, for touring in particular. I can get up to 38 mpg on a constant motorway run 70 ish mph, yet it's got plenty of ooomph and easily keeps up with R300's during spirited driving.

I don't have lsd, and this is the only thing that i think would make my 7 any better, albeit it's going to be about a grand to source / get fitted.

I could be tempted into selling mine but I'm afraid not for that price *eek* Good luck

Mr Gingerbread...

By all means hang out for what you really want, but if a bargain comes your way, nail it. Often you can get a real nice 1400 supersport, with the 6spd box and all the toys for really good money. Run it for a bit, then stick a 1800 bottom end in and away you go.

My 1.8k supersport is 148bhp.

Just my 2p. Welcome to Blatchat and hope you get sorted soon. I bought mine when I was about 20 I think (Now 23) definetly don't regret it.

Willie

• 2 weeks later...