Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

R500 Cool Bits that turned up today

nigelpugh

As you know the Engine and Bellhousing and Engine Mounts turned up today.

Also the seats I had delivered with the car were wrong, so now I have some shiny new carbon and kevlar combined ones too.

I also have a cool new alloy gear knob for the Quaife Sequential Gearbox which has the R500 logo etched into it, NICE!!.

To go with that, I now also have a brand new tunnel top in Carbon Leather, with the right location for the shifter.

It also has a very nice Small LED built into it, which replaces the one that at the moment is hanging loose on the dash, this indicates that the immobilizer is operational I think.

It also has the inductive loop for the immobilizer built into it, and a neat little oddments tray, that I am guessing you can throw your immobilizers fob in there, it wakes the car up and you can leave them in there when driving the car, how cool is that then.

The final item that came today is the rear light lenses is clear, with LED bulbs to replace the standard ones.

There is the same for the fog light too, so now all of my rear lights will be in cool clear plastic.

How ace is that then.

Yes I know I am sad!!!

Nige.

Nigel

R500 CP - New 2008 Duratec R500

What a load of old tosh.

Practically every tintop manufacturer is changing to clear lights on their cars. If people prefer the 'cobbled together from a Sprite Caravan look' you can still do so.

At least CC are making an effort to keep up with the times aesthetically. Look at how many owners have changed their front or side indicators

*smile*

Darren E

K80RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Superlight R #54

Guys,

I neither disagree nor agree on either the lights or the switches.

However it is as they say, you get what is given, and those are what a new R500 is supposed to have, so that's what I got.

Of course I am lucky re the lights as I have the luxury of choice as Caterham supply both sets so that the car can pass SVA.

I might even choose to change them to suit my mood or the occasion, whether its a track day or road blat.

I could even change from Alloy Gear Knob to White Nylon if I so choose, depends what mood I am in.

*wink*

Nige.

Nigel

R500 CP - New 2008 Duratec R500