Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Quaife sequential and the K series

BYKer Will

Quaife now have a production spec lever that fits under the Caterham dash. I can't say I agree with the way it is designed and it is an absurd design for threading the neutral lockout cable past the tunnel gaitor - it is one of those fiddly jobs that should take a minute but isn't satisfactory after the first five attempts and several hours. I expect that Caterham will have some sort of workaround up their sleeve based on a modification of the gaitor, all of which could have been avoided if Quaife had been briefed to design something suitable to the application.

P.S. I'm mildly bitter on account of delays to an engine install project amounting to ~8 elapsed months and the waste of ~120 hours of my time all of which were caused by Quaife, their lever and their inability to build a gearbox right at the first three attempts. *mad*

Hi Martin Don't worry it's an idea for a friend who wants sequential, can't afford an r500 and as yet hasn't fully appreciated the merits of a bec.

thanks everyone else. Is there a better solution than quaife? If I search I find reliability is mentined a lot in the same sentence as elite and drenth is likely to be out of budget hence an idea to mate an old style quaife with a k and spend all the savings on headgaskets and with DVA is developing but may not be sensible.

Will