Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Genuine car weights....

captain chaos

I'm not talking about what the blurb said in the brochures, I'm talking about what we owners have weighed the cars at..

I know Julian has produced a very light car, but my Vx rebuild has been a little less focussed on weight reduction (with a Vx motor upfront how could it be 😬) and yet from some of the numbers I've seen on here recently, my car seems to be below average..

DaveK has just helped me flat floor my car and with aeroscreen, 12L of fuel and all other fluids my car has come in at 519kg.

How does this rate as a Vx and how far am I away from real world K-series weights?

Cheers

Gary

That seems pretty light to me, many years ago the Se7ens list had an RR and weigh in at Emerald when they were in Brixton, the results are here. On the first page of that spreadsheet are some weights of various cars.

My 2.3l Duratec weighed in at 515Kg when I originally built it although it maybe a little less than that now. I friend has a very stripped out VX engined car and that weighs 512Kg so to get down to 519Kg without trying is pretty good

Cheers

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Edited by - rgrigsby on 20 Sep 2008 06:55:10

My car was 590 kilos with a Crossflow and old type heavy leather seats (9 kilos each) when I bought it. Complete with hood tools an a half tank of fuel.

Now with a Duratec with screen and flares but no hood or tools and with the spare wheel removed (what I call track day trim) it was 518 kilos. Removed the bench seat and fitted S type seats so a bit more now.

Both times weighed with the same corner weight scales.

Ammo

Raceco.com

My CSR 260 was weighed at the SVA test 3 years ago, and with a full tank of fuel, 8 gallons, leather chairs, heater, FIA roll over bar, full windscreen, sidescreens and hood etc, it came in at 598kgs, which is more or less what I expected, given that the factory quote 575kgs, but I guess that would be without much fuel in.

Paul J.

Loud pipes save lives, but quiet ones save your hearing.

Just looked st SVA info. 860kg!!! *eek* *redface*

The car is a Superlight Sigma car. I had full tank, spare fuel, tools and overnight things in the boot, weather, screen, an SVA inspector *smile* etc - all that you would take on a trip.

I'm more amazed at how quickly you can add weight to the car. Would like to get flat floor setup done. Any recomendations in the Wiltshire area? Sorry to add to this post.

Learning new skills all the time, 8100 miles completed.

1991 vx 16v 2L , cornerweighted so weighed accurately , 630kg ! Need to get some weight off somewhere , there's the spare on the back , the leather seats , windscreen , er , what else ? Downhill though maybe advantage ? Also possibly more grip ? Anyway she is a wicked beast with serious overtaking attitude . Oh , could empty out the boot !

Edited by - combine on 21 Sep 2008 07:49:12

I hold my head in shame ☹️ just checked 360 front 500 rear!!! *confused* I did have lots of tools and parts to get me through SVA. How accurate are the SVA?

The figure was read on the brake test rollers. I was concerned by the reading and question accuracy. Running only 13" wheels that car dropped into the rollers so was not flat, I think this has made the reading heigher that it was.

Learning new skills all the time, 8100 miles completed.

My CSR 200 weighs in at 600 kilos.

That is with a full tank of petrol (42 liters) and with

windscreen, wipers and doors. I have changed to a

Raceco silencer (saved 19.1 kilos ! Thank you, Ammo)

and Odyssey battery ( 5.5 kilos less) and cf headlights

(2 kilos less). My car also have FIA-bar and integrated

dash-board.

regards,

Lasse H