Click here if you are having website access problems ×

NO ALCOHOL SHOCKER

The Village Idiot

3 weeks ago on holiday I break the top off a crown - get home book in at the dentist to be relieved of 400 notes, have discomfort but get a new crown fixed - all well and good, annoying but not exactly life or death.

Tuesday this week go in have the old crown removed, impressions taken for the new crown and a temporary crown put in.

The work done on the crown was fine however the dentist really pushed hard on my mouth when taking the impressions, so much so that one of my good teeth is now wobbling around (I nearly lost this tooth as a teenager in a bike accident - the tooth was loose for about 3 months - the tooth next to it was broken in two)

Since the work my 'loose' tooth has been very painful, codiene isn't taking the pain away, yesterday and today my face swells up like i've been in the boxing ring with Joe Calzaghie.

Go to emergency dentist he says the root is infected now puts me on anti biotics and says will need root canal work when infection is gone.

Dentist and pharmacist both say STRICTLY NO ALCOHOL now I'm pissed (but not in the merry way)

So I'm beaten up, have a swollen face, have a crown fitting and root dental work to look forward to, we missed a day out for my wifes birthday today, it's Saturday and I can't even have a glass of wine *eek* 😔 *mad*

Don't you just love life at times.

Dicks

*mad*

So this is what a Sunday morning feels like 😳

Head is fine other than looking like the elephant man

Had a fever in the night, two duvets two blankets over me and still shaking like a junkie going cold turkey *cry* Body is aching.

Stomach has given up on me after three days of only eating a bowl of soup a day loads of painkillers and now the antibiotics. I don't know about camels passing through them but I could XXXX through the eye of a needle.

The WORST thing though is that it is a glorious day, I have loads of things to do and don't feel like doing them AND I just don't have it within me to take the 7 out - now that IS the last straw after all the rain we have had.

My wife has tried to console me by saying that if I wasn't ill I still wouldn't be out in the 7 as I had work booked all day - well that's allright then *evil*

Thanks for your shedly ear

Dicks

*mad*

I must admit whenever I have taken antibiotics I have always drunk alcohol and it's had no adverse effect of the the outcome of the prescribed treatment. I asked my doctor mate who said unless it specifically states on the antibiotic that alcohol is a no no it's probably just your GP being all pious over you having a glass of ale of 12 *wink* *wink*