Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

1800 k series upgrade

mecacy

You definitely could Dennis - A 'VHPD' spec gives that and is an 1800. You can get quite a bit more if you're prepared to dig deep in fact.

If it's of any interest, I expect to be selling some direct-to-head throttle bodies in the next week or two - these'd be one thing you're likely to need in pursuit of those figures.

Darren E

K80RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Superlight R #54

Dennis

You need some knowledge so your 1st port of call should be: here. Once you've completed your education you should then be in a better situation to understand what is needed for a certain level of power. There are no easy bolt-on-ways to more power but you're on the right track by improving the breathing..

Mick

It'e definitely worth a browse of dvapower.com and a chat to Dave then Dennis. His work is brilliant and the results speak for themselves.

You'll definitely liberate some power by getting the head ported and Dave would be well placed to advise you on how best to match what you've got, what you need and what you're after. *thumbup*

Darren E

K80RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Superlight R #54

So you already have the throttle bodies. With some good porting work, bigger valves & BP285M cams my old cylinder head made 200BHP on an 1800. I'm not too sure whether the new owner upgraded the pistons or not. When it was on my 1600 block it made less than this but I ran it with standard pistons & as Dave said "I was bl££dy lucky". Lucky that is that the pistons didn't fail!

Edited by - Mick Day on 13 Sep 2008 16:14:51

for anything over 160BHP forged pistons are advisable

...or the MGF 160s up to around 180ish - not that they are that easy to find these days, as I understand it (partly due to being the next-best-thing for a certain race-series where forged pistons were banned, ISTR...)

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com