Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Do I have a trip meter?

Stuart McGill

• Area Representative
The little rubber button on the speedo... , is it meant to do something.

Yes!

One press swaps from odometer to trip, or trip to odometer, and press and hold resets the trip.

In light of your other issues, I'd try removing and refitting the multi pin plug on the back of the tacho (which may be easier if you remove the tacho)

• Area Representative

Stuart

It's presumably illegal to drive without a speedo. Why not fit a bike speedo? They are so cheap (£10 or less depending on features), more accurate than the standard item, have more features (clock, max speed trip etc.) and the ability to switch to KPH for jaunts across the water.

Many of us fit them as well as standard speedo. I also find it much easier to read with a small steering wheel.

I'd fit one (should keep you on the right side of the law) and then send off standard one for repair and keep the cycle speedo even when the standard one is repaired.

If you decide to fit one, give me a ring and I'll send some pics of the best way to do it - taking pick up from driveshaft.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Edited by - Paul Richards on 10 Sep 2008 13:54:31

When my speedo broke I asked if it was illegal to drive without one and told not. However, sir it is your responsibility to drive within the speed limit. I saved getting tickets by putting some temporary marks on the rev counter that corresponded to speeds in 5 & 6.

Not ideal but easy to do for a couple of weeks.