Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2008 championship post Aintree

robmar

will publish scores later today/tonight/tomorrow, but wanted to bring you up to speed on the scores following on from this weekends action

*arrowright*Class 1 - after John Wards class win maybe the fat lady isn't singing yet 😬, although Malcolm is still leading, If John gets maximums from the next few rounds that can give him a possible 698.68 vs Malcolms current 698.57. For third place take your pick from Matt Willoughby 684.33 , Richard Ormson 681.43 and Andrew Willoughby 680.34

*arrowright*Class 2 - Well the Mike Sankey 699.81 and Richard Price 500.00 show continues with Richard looking to bag some more perfect 100's and keep Mike behind him for 2nd. 3rd place is a 4 way battle between messers Jenkins (junior) 686.76, Cumming 680.29, Collins 678.17 and Howard 587.13 (6 events only)

*arrowright*Class 3 - David has already won this, but after Mr Golden Trowel homself Michael Calvert put in an impressive display at the weekend the race for 2nd and 3rd is hotting up between Michael Calvert 693.88 and Jeff Smith 692.21

*arrowright*Class 4 - Mark Durrant is already the champion but again the power places are up for grabs, Neil Cavanagh 679.97, Nigel Fox 679.23 & Martin Seargant 588.92 (only 6 events so far)

*arrowright* Class 5 - Simon Rogers already the champion and Adrian Williams is uncatchable in 2nd place, so the battle is for 3rd between Shaun Elwell 669.09 and some body called Margel 666.11

*arrowright* class 6 is still wide open and just waiting for someone to turn up 😬

*arrowright*Overall now the situation is that Mark & Simon will at least share the overall trophy with possibly David Nelson who needs one more win and Mike Sankey 2 more wins and Malcolm Hickey and Richard price who would have to win every one of the last 3 rounds to have a chance.

*arrowright* In the ladies championship Tamara 469.06 is still slighty ahead of Kate S 468.88 but Judith could still spoil the party 370.69 (from 4 events) . But to illustrate how far this class is improving is that Kate S won the ladies championship on 456.11 last year

*arrowright* Novices, well it looks like John 497.16 really has got this sewn up unless we have some surprising results. THis compares with last years novice champion Neil Fraser who got 457.88 to win the title. Chris Howard-Harris is in strong 2nd place 477.46 However 3rd is really up for grabs with 4 or 5 others in contention

as said i hope to publish the standings soon :)

Rob

Thanks for doing the update Rob.

Blimey, how difficult can it be to get a measley 0.19 of a point!

Of course I was assuming we were sticking to the 2 timed runs rule last weekend *cry*

It is certainly giving Kate something to think about - the rest of the girls have really caught up.

By the way, have you ever thought of taking up reading the lottery results as it seems you have a flair for the same sort of descriptive stats 😬 😬

Mike

Rob

Havent seen the standings but noticed that i was lying third in class 6 !!I actually did loton and harewood in class 6 before moving back to class 4 for curborough and aintree,sorry for being a fidget ! but am staying put in 4 till the end of the season.Im at Wiscombe and the two runs at anglesey

Cheers

Steve

Martin Thanks for the encouragement,seem to go better when i dont know the circuit !!Its a challenge in 4 and a lot of ground to make up,Finances allowing would like to be in there next season and would be certainly interested in the kumhos.I keep the car just near northwich so could easily pop over for tyres to sunny Haydock

Cheers and see you at angers assuming i dont play landscape gardener at wiscombe.

Steve

Steve - should be sorted when I publish *thumbup*

also in the final end of year scores you should be in at least 2 classes, but overall your score will be combined

also did I see on the offical timing you doing 133 mph over the line on the 3rd run *tongue* you must have hid the nitrous *smokin*