Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aintree Wet and Dry

steve and casper

Im probably first home so from a novices perspective,once again great turnout and jovial and tech banter with L7.Good to see Beechers close up and arent kumhos good in the wet,shame they wear so damn quickly !!Class 4 could be expensive.

Not sure why Michael and Tam took a left out of the circuit,that led to deepest scouseland ??or maybe shortie to the mway by tomtom

Wiscombe looks brave from vids ive seen.Hey Ho

Cheers

Steve

Thoroughly enjoyed Aintree today, and even managed to get under 60 sec on the last run.

Greatest Respect & Dry, Warm wishes to DRR, I couldn't see where I was going on the way home and I had windscreen and wipers.

Mike, Tam, Shaun & Jill must have had the most dreadful problems.

If it was me, I would have turned left, gone into L'pool and stayed the night.

Good luck to all

Wiscombe next week

Remember, keep it hooded....it's dryer

Enjoy,

Mike

Well done Mike, really glad you got your target for the day, quite an improvement on your first run.

Well done as well, to all in class 1 Jon and Malcolm, respect you certainly made it an entertaining day watching your battle and pushed the rest of us on to new heights.

Thanks to the marshalls as well, at least 4 I think were via the L7C club, Tim, Russ , Judith and one other whose name escapes me(sorry). I tried to entertain you on the last lap with my theory that brakes are not physically needed at Aintree for a class1 car *eek*.

DRR, have you surfaced yet? There were points on the M6 where I was tempted to pull on to the hard shoulder because of the ferocity of the rain and that was in the Volvo. You deserve some extra points for that journey. Jon did you have to bail the car out afterwards, I noticed there wasn't a cover on your car!

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

Really enjoyed the day and we were really lucky with the rain for the day - and the trip back for us, just managing to get the car unpacked and trailer put away before the rain started again 😬

Great event with the ladies competiton being so competitive as usual *thumbup* I got my best time ever and managed to get dinner out with the kids from Nick! *biggrin*

Neil - the missing marshall's name is Chris Proudlove who won the marshall's prize I believe too.

TC

Al, I don't think there are any takers for the trowel.

Well done to Jon for comprehensively thrashing the rest of class one and getting to within 9/100th (or thereabouts) of the class record *thumbup* Also to Matt for his victory over Andrew (always nice to beat someone in their car 😬) and to Neil for improving by 6 sec over last years time (hope the insurance industry isn't too busy today with the floods, Neil).

Looking forward to a damp/wet Wiscombe. Who else from class 1 will be there?

Malcolm

The yellow trowel winners were as follows:

Kate Sankey

Clive McCall

Julie Sargeant

However, as Julie will not be at Wiscombe the trowel will be with Lynn Gilbert as she was absent at Curborough where it should have been on her car following her grass cutting at Harewood.

Class winners were:

1. Jon Ward

2. Richard Price

3. Dave McFarlane

4. Mark Durrant

5. Simon Rogers

Chris Howard-Harris picked up an award for the fastest novice.

• Support Team

We made it to the party we were going to in Newbury by 8.00. Not bad since we left Aintree about 4:30. The M6 had slowed to a crawl due to the ferocity of the rain - I hit some standing water which forced it's way past the door and onto my lap *eek*. Once we were on the M42 things eased up and it was a relativley painless journey from then. We even saw another 7 on the A34 which was Jersey registered!

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Team Gibson had a very eventful day and we would really like to extend a heart felt thanks to all those who assisted with getting us out for our timed runs. In particular, Dave Mcfarlane *thumbup*for giving up his entire lunch break (and risk missing his second timed run) for driving round the depths of Liverpool visiting various autospares shops with my brother-in-law Martin.

Thanks also to Mark Durrant *thumbup*and Andy *thumbup*for fitting a battery which Suzanne and Mark D managed to persuade a single seater driver to part with! I should also thank the inventor of the cable tie, although this is starting to sound like an oscar acceptance speech!

This really is a great club with a great bunch of people who are more than happy to help their competitors make it out on track if they hit problems.

See you all at Wiscombe *wavey*and hoping for a trouble free event!

The Red contingent of DRR also made it home safely depsite the horrid conditions on the M6 😳Michael's face when the water reached the unmentionables was a picture *tongue*

I wouldn't have wanted to do it on Khumos Shaun *eek*

Well done to all the ladies - I think the best overall event for us so far *cool*

See you for a sunny Wiscombe *cool*

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

Thanks to everyone for another great day. *thumbup*

Neil, yep – bailed the car out before driving it off the trailer. Got absolutely soaked – peeing it down with rain, driving a little paddling pool. Plenty more ammunition for the neighbour to take the pi$$ out of my Noddy car.

I’ll do a search later on how to fit a drain plug....to let the bl@@dy water out. 😬

Jon

Had a great time on Saturday, some fab competition in class 2 - you deserved to pip me Paul! Well done to Katie price for a flipping fantastic time (though it took a pirouette to get there), I'll avoid any Peter Andre jokes for a while.

Well done to Jon Ward in Class1, within a whisker of the record mate, and as for Malcom H and Rob spencer, how the flippin' heck do you consistently manage those 64ft times on 1a's? *confused* Cheers for the shock setup advice Simon too, its a shame I can't drive properly!

Edited by - Mattj on 8 Sep 2008 20:25:49