Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1999 Caterham 7 2L 16v Vauxhall

iguana

SOLD

13000 miles

Great road & track Caterham, I've just spent £2.5k, mainly at James Whiting Sevens, the carbs have been re-jetted, freshly rebuilt gearbox , LSD taken out & all tolerances checked, & full suspension re-design, new A frame fitted plus bushes & new rear lower bushes, & has fresh gearbox oil, dif oil & engine oil & filter, plus other odds & sods.

Absolutely massive history file all MOTs & invoices, only 2 prev owners.

8 months MOT a few months Tax left

Corner weighted at 557kg with fuel & fluids- much lighter than a regular Vauxhall

HPC at 600+kg & is circa 180bhp, so its pretty rapid.

Engine & running gear-

Vauxhall 2L 16v XE Engine on webbers, Circa 175-180bhp or so & massive torquey midrange.

SBD Dry sump set up, full rebuild approx 4k miles ago & I've just replaced the head gasket, with all new head bolts & new cambelt & tensioners & new water pump too. QED rod bolts

Raceco titanium silencer, very light (cost £530! - 96db @4500 static no trackday noise issues)

Ford type 9 Gearbox just fully installed/ rebuilt at Whiting/Road & Race 300 miles ago

Ford English axle fitted with Quaife 4.1 LSD and ARB

Brand new Mintex 1144 front pads & brake fluid

Freestyle (Avo) adjustable platforms & dampers with James Whiting sevens special brew rear suspension, incorporating a 4 link setup, very light & strong & with the English axle will handle much more power if you fancy it later on

5 minilite wheels with AO32r's

Also set of 5 Weller wheels with A021r's

I also have set of Avon ACB0 slicks in the garage, literally just scrubbed in never fitted or used on the car

Interior/Exterior-

Tillet Race seats and harnesses

Momo quick release wheel

Caterham replaceable aeroscreen and half doors

Also full heated windscreen, doors & weather gear retained

Other-

Its clean & tidy but not utterly mint, but its clean & honest & a cracking road & track Caterham, don't belive all that Vauxhall engined cars boat anchor rubbish.

Ok a stock HPC is heavy & on old soft suspension & the massive 16 inch wheels you may have a point, thats not my type of Caterham at all, but this car weighs less than my mates K series 120bhp roadsport & handles beautifully & is just as nimble as the K's ive driven & a lot lot more grunty.

Yes you will still fit if you are tall, I'm 6ft 4 & 100kg & I manage fine, I've taken the tillet seat off the runners, so for shorter folks its quick & easy to refit the runners.

Insurance only £130pa Fully Comp

Willing to do deal minus the aeroscreen & half doors & raceco if you wish.

Located- Newbury Berks

£10750

Very, regretable sale.

Alex

07880 552886

Pics on pistonheads advert

here

Edited by - iguana on 6 Sep 2008 07:46:57

Edited by - iguana on 18 Sep 2008 10:47:51

Edited by - iguana on 9 Oct 2008 23:53:56

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark,

just the old 'need the money for other things' line really.

It's a cracking car that I've spent a mint getting to a decent bullet proof spec, but now I just dont really have the funds to own it & enjoy it ☹️

Price reduced above to £10,750, welcome to offers.

Pistonheads ad with pics-

here

Edited by - iguana on 18 Sep 2008 10:48:28

557kg!!! how did you manage that? *cool*

Mine's 579kg (with all fluids and full tank) and that's with Dymag wheels, Toyo 888's, light (read as thin) AP discs, no carpets, no heater, no screen washers, perspex screen 😳, small bag fuel tank, no fuel sender or gauge, dry sump, cable clutch, ...

I'll have to weigh mine again now to check the boot wasn't full of bricks 😬

I love my carb induction noise so don't intend converting to TB's

As above, keen price and shame to sell I'm sure.

Good luck,

Andy

White road legal 2.0 HPC VX race car 😬

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind the banter fellas, gives me a free bump eh *thumbup*

Ah well still no luck, lots of folks interested, but no ones taken her away yet, I think perhaps only v cheap or expensive 7 that are much reduced due to sellers needing out in ahurry are selling in the current climate.

Anyway I thought this would fly away at this price,hell of a lot of car for the money, not desperate to sell but would be handy, maybe I need to bite the bullet & go for an even £10k?? so if anyone is interested just make an offer, I can only say no 'eh *smile* did have a fella say £8k for cash to me! err thats a no thanks.

I'll be at the 'ring a couple of days this wk, should be back sunday tho.

IanR- No to slicks seperate at the mo, if she wont sell for sensible ££ I'll be needing em for tracking myself.

Edited by - iguana on 30 Sep 2008 18:33:43

On the PH advert, it states that you are 'Willing to do deal minus the aeroscreen & half doors & raceco if you wish'. If you also minus the avon slicks, what sort of price would you be willing to go to?

Yours cheekily *tongue*

Matt

Edited by - Matthew Newton on 4 Oct 2008 14:42:21

Edited by - Matthew Newton on 4 Oct 2008 15:26:44