Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ITG airfilter for VX

ian balson

There are sevearl pop-on filters done by ITG which fit onto the carbs without modifying anything. See Alex Wongs 7 in last low flying at Corborough.

However if you want to fit the large JPE-type filter you won´t get around cutting your bonnet or buying a JPE-bonnet at the factory. Cutting the bonnet is not too difficult it´s just lots of work which has to be done properly.

The one piece ITG filters all require cutting the bonnet. These come sausage shaped or square edged. The JPE bonet doesn't fit as the inlet manifold is different.

I used 2 Pipercross PX300 filters with blank backing plates cut to offset the filters a bit and the JUST fit through the Standard Vx Carb Bonnet hole. Not as pretty as the K&N's but a bit more subtle than the big ITG filters.

Have a look at alexwong.net under the carbs to injection conversion section for a pic.

Cheers,

Alex Wong

alex.wong@lotus7club.co.uk

www.alexwong.net

Home : 44-(0)121-440 6972

Fax : 44-(0)121-440 4601

The JPE bonnet will fit for the large one-piece ITG you just have to manufacture a new filter-back-plate. Material will cost you 3 pounds, just takes an evening to do the back-plate in the work-shop.

I know I can´t judge neutral ´cause I do have fitted this filter but personaly I like it lurking from under bonnet....