Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2008 Champions

robmar

Well looking at the scores here is a quick summary of how all the classes and championships are stacking up

*arrowright*Class 1, Well it looks like Malcolm is on track for the class win, unless JohnW, RichardO or AndrewW get there fast shoes on and win most of the remaining rounds.

*arrowright*Class 2, This is a battle between Mike and Richard, just when Mike mighthave thought he had done enough

*arrowright*Class 3, Confirmed David Nelson as class champion

*arrowright*Class 4, Confirmed Mark Durrant as class champion

*arrowright*Class 5, Confirmed Simon Rogers as Class champion

*arrowright*Class 6, Well wide open and probably depends who turns up at most of the remaining events...

*arrowright* in the ladies championship it looked like a 2 way battle between Tam and KateS however Judith could throw a spanner in the works with her recent good form.

*arrowright* in the Novice championship looks like John Ward has probably done enough but there could be some surprises?

*arrowright* in the battel for the overall championship, MarkD will at least share the honours with possibly Simon Rogers, David Nelson, Mike Sankey, Malcolm Hickey, Graham Ford or Richard Price...

So congratulations all current/new champions, but remember there is still a lot to play for whether you are goign for 1st 2nd or 23 rd

Rob *thumbup*

Congratulations to Malcolm for a well deserved class win *thumbup*. Naturally, I have an excuse for each event, but in general believe me I REALLY wanted to win (I’m still searching for a photo of me not sideways at Curborough!).

Excellent consistent driving and superb at Harewood – well done! Looking forward to beating you in Class2 next year 😬.

Congratulations to Judith, also 😶‍🌫️. IMH(novice)O perfect lines at Curborough. A bit quicker all around and I’m certain we’ll see a top 3.

See you on Saturday,

Jon

Thank you, Jon *smile* But It ain't over yet, and given my car's problems this year ( failed rear wheel bearing, CV joint failure, front crank oil seal falling out to name a few) I wouldn't be surprised to see another failure, and given I haven't done 7 rounds yet.....

The sight of you with your car several kilos lighter, stunners and 10 practice runs up Harewood a week before, then 2 secs ahead after the first run certainly concentrated the mind *eek*

Congratulations on your Novice Cup win *cool*, throughly deserved. Who said anything about class 2.....hmmmm, now there's a thought 😬 😬

Malcolm

Yeah..the one that bought the championship!lol.....you know it's not got a ported head! sheesh!! But....It's going to be sold separately from the car!!

First race....Cadwell Park...next weekend 😬 😬 😬 Testing Friday, first time I'll have driven the car! Then Borough 19 have a sprint there on Saturday..might stay to watch that, then quali 9am Sunday, race 12:30!!

Dannyboy *tongue*

Malcolm

Well done *thumbup* and stop the false modesty 😬 😬 😬 😬

I wouldn't be surprised to see another failure, and given I haven't done 7 rounds yet.....

As in " the lack of torque will mean the car won't be competitive on the hills" 😳 😬 😬

It's been an honour to watch a master at work 😶‍🌫️ and it's been a hoot seeing you and Jon wind each other up, now bu@@er off back to class 2 😬 😬 😬

Well done Jon from one novice champ to another, I'll dig out the trophy. *thumbup*

Malcolm, is that enough smilies or are you still upset? Here are a few more just in case 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

Edited by - Neil1202 on 6 Sep 2008 20:02:30

Jon;

On my maths Malcolm is safe by about 0.2 points; 5 wins and two scores at ~99.5

Even if you or I take all of the last three rounds (and so end up with 6 wins), our second best scores aren't quite good enough.... ☹️

Of course 2nd & 3rd places are still there to play for *smile*

R