Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stack ST8100

Pendennis

My Caterham recently acquired comes with a Stack ST8100.

I am not totally sure of it's capabilities, but it has lap timer as it comes with a beacon and infrared sensor. Also a laterial acceleration sensor.

Apart from normal pressure and temperature displays, could it have any other functions that I am not aware of *confused*

Also, it comes with an interface ST890, would this be a RS232 fitting *confused* If so, I presume I need an old type laptop *confused*

Internally, the screen suffers from condensation, is there a simple solution to curing this *confused*

And finally, the tacho movement is not what I would call smooth, it is a bit nothcy, I presume this would need to go back to the factory for a service *confused*

18th century Farmhouse in Rural Somerset to let

Internally, the screen suffers from condensation, is there a simple solution to curing this

Hmmmm . .. aren't they filled with dry air and sealed at manufacture? If true, to have condensation, you have a cracked case or it's been opened for some reason? If it's meant to run in sealed/dry air, maybe the damp is effecting it?

I would of thought they should be vapour sealed just like a double glazing panel, but suppose nothing last forever.

Suspect the dash would have to be re-sealed by Stack as a vacuum should be created or maybe a slight charge of nitrogen inserted prior to sealant. Anyway, thanks I shall report when sorted *wavey*

18th century Farmhouse in Rural Somerset to let

• Support Team

Mine mists up as well. It's been back to Stack recently because the tacho needle broke 😔 and they resealed it but it still mists up *mad*.

The tacho is a stepper motor hence the slightly notchy movement but I've never really noticed it so maybe there is a problem with yours.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing