Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham Roadsports A Race Car

MarchHare2008

Built for Academy 2006 and raced in B's in 2007 and A's in 2008. Top spec car with all usual upgrades/extras. Engine rebuilt Winter 2007 by Caterham/Minister with forged rods and pistons. Wide track front suspension,adustable platforms, brake bias valve in cockpit, rear ARB, range of front ARBs, good set of CR500s, tripple pass radiator, fully serviced fire extinguisher, High level, high intensity LED rain/fog light, two tillet seats, detachable MOMO steering wheel.

See pictures on PistonHeads: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/683766.htm

Call Mark Bowles on 07717 136222 for further details

True, although I don't know if they require a fog lamp or reversing light. Maybe not.

Anyway, wet sump. It has the apollo tank which is a circa 2-3 litre tank which acts as a reservoir to guard against oil surge on track. As far as I know this is more than adequate on cars running road tyres and where the g forces are lower. Plus the engine is only 120 bhp so is not particularly stressed.

A CDX kit, looking forward to building another car, thoroughly enjoyed it last time round. I quite like the revvy little K 1.6 and my 17 year old son wants to try out some track driving so I thought it should be a good compromise between a track car suitable for a novice and a car for the road.