Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Emerald settings for pops and bangs...

Myles

Sooo, I thought I'd have a little play this afternoon and try and set up a map to pop and bang on the overrun...

My understanding is that you need to make sure fuel-cutoff-on-overrun is disabled (i.e. so that the engine keeps pumping fuel) and that you need to add plenty of fuel to the zero-load speed sites (keeping clear of the lower rev regions).

I tried doubling the zero-loads. No dice. I tripled them. Nothing. I quadrupled them. Still not a sausage. I added another 50 units to a couple of the more easily attained speed sites (taking these up to around 180/190). Still nothing.

All I managed was to make my AFR meter show go off the scale for richness...

So what do I need to do to make the sucker pop and bang??? *wavey* *confused*

(I already have an air-leak at the collector by the way... *wink*)

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

retard the ignition on the overrun sites. I had my MBE set to zero advance in an attempt to get the revs to drop quicker during gear changes and, with normal fuelling, it popped and banged like a good'un. So much so in fact that I've taken it out in fear of destroying the silencer stuffing. It also makes the car a pig to drive at low revs/throttle as it hops between site 0 and 1. I now have two maps, one for the hills and another for the road. I'm hoping to have cured the banging by zeroing the fuelling at the same low rev sites.

Are you trying to frighten someone or just be generally anti-social 😬

Generally antisocial... 😬

With the two-layered hearing protection I use with the aeroscreen, I can hardly hear the car at all. The exhaust is probably 6-7 years old now (I bought it second-hand), so I'm not too concerned about burning it out - it's probably all gone anyway...

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

With the two-layered hearing protection I use with the aeroscreen, I can hardly hear the car at all. The exhaust is probably 6-7 years old now (I bought it second-hand), so I'm not too concerned about burning it out - it's probably all gone anyway...

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Generally antisocial...

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Generally antisocial...

Generally antisocial...

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Generally antisocial...

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Generally antisocial... With the two-layered hearing protection I use with the aeroscreen, I can hardly hear the car at all. The exhaust is probably 6-7 years old now (I bought it second-hand), so I'm not too concerned about burning it out - it's probably all gone anyway...

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Generally antisocial... With the two-layered hearing protection I use with the aeroscreen, I can hardly hear the car at all. The exhaust is probably 6-7 years old now (I bought it second-hand), so I'm not too concerned about burning it out - it's probably all gone anyway...

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻