Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wanted: 3.92 standard diff

dreamer_uk75

I've got one you can have, sat in a box in the garage. Not sure what its

worth - but prob. not that much. Off an '01 Roadsport.

[Though I agree with those above - you'd be very popular swapping your LSD

with someone. Why ever are you swapping? Race regs??]

Edit - doh - its a 3.62 *redface*

AB

Edited by - Alan Bowler on 29 Aug 2008 20:39:21

Hiya - yep race regs unfortunately :(

I think there is a way to find out what ratio it is, I will investigate! Happy for part-ex (i.e. it is worth more than a standard diff so would be more than happy to take an open diff + money for my LSD :) )

Will be gutted to take it out of the car!

Dreamer - your diff will almost definately be a ZF one as your car came from a Caterham racing series IIRC. If you take a drive shaft off and look in the diff, you can tell by the internal gubbins what sort of diff it is. . .. look on Angus's site for instructions....I'm a bit busy at the moment.

It was competing at Knockhill in the RSA when I bought it, although I don't know it's complete history (2003 car, I bought it in 2005).

It sounds like I need to check exactly what mine is before going any further with this - sounds like a fairly big job to take the drive shaft out to find out what diff it is? (Do you mean the Alcester Sevens site)?

Geoff/Dave - are you in a desperate hurry, or can you wait for me to confirm exactly what mine is, or are you interested in it either way?

Aha have found Angus's site now, but to identify it with his guide I'd have to get the diff out.

Geoff/Dave - how much do you want for your open diff's, and we can sort out dibs on the LSD (someone else has also expresses an interest in the LSD via email), then I can fit the open diff and take out the LSD at the same time and confirm what it is :)

• Area Representative

Jo,

Removing a drive shaft is very straightforward and shouldn't take more than an hour to remove and similar to replace. With caliper held out of the way, the de dion ear removed, the driveshaft simply slides out. Refer to some diagrams on Angus' website to tell what LSD type you have in there

Nick

-----

The BEC has gone - now onto an R400!!

Removing a drive shaft is very straightforward and shouldn't take more than an hour to remove and similar to replace

...for someone who knows what they're doing Nick!! *eek* I suspect it would take me considerably longer than that, and I'm not sure my neighbours would appreciate the language coming out of the garage... 😳 😬

Oi Adam I don't recall actually offering to do anything *eek* *tongue*. Mark that's a kind offer, many thanks. Adam's just down the road from Jo so I expect we'll all end up round there watching him do it, not making him any tea, and swearing in his general direction. Which after his posting above he thoroughly deserves *tongue* 😬