Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Problem with clutch release bearing/cat removal

Miff

Problem: 24 hours to go to my SVA, all completed, depress clutch and clunk, clutch release bearing has fallen out from pivot arm. Plan is to remove exhaust and move engine forwards a bit to enable access to the bell housing interior to replace, the only problem is i cannot remove the cat from the four primaries.

Anybody know any other solution to refitting the clutch release bearing or an easy way to remove the cat?

cheers.

I have a very old rubber mallet which works fine on mine... if you are only moving the engine forward, couldn't you remove the exhaust manifold studs?

Good luck... and where are you in the country, I'm happy to give you a hand if your in range.

JH

Miff

That sounds a bit of a nightmare. If all else fails tomorrow and you need assistance, I'm sure you could active the 6X monster in the Yellow Peril.

I don't know the new configuration. Is the cat just stuck onto the collector as in the old 4:1? John's idea sounds reasonable though.

Nick

Sorted! Big rubber mallet, half a can of WD40 and 5 hours of BFI eventually got it off, clutch release bearing now correctly mounted, only problem now is aligning engine onto gearbox and re-assembling the exhaust, think i have avoided an all-nighter!

Thanks for the offers of help.

Miff.