Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dry sump - bellhousing plate sealant

Nifty

only use an anerobic sealant (one that only sets in the absence of air) otherwise all the bits of sealant on the inside edge of the mating surface will block your oil pick up

Halfords sell a Loctite 574 that is anerobic and I recall there own brand one is there too.

The lower plate should also have a ring seal - but this tends to expand and strech - I always add a little sealant too .

Or another alternative would be to cut out a gasket using sheets of gasket material from your motor factors.

Be very carefull with the 4 small cap heads that retain the plate - its very easy to cross / strip the threads if your not carefull.

*smile*

here is C7 TOP

Taffia rear gunner

• Support Team

*thumbup* for Loctite 574. Later dry sumps don't have a ring seal. Make sure that every trace of oil has been removed from the mating surfaces and that you have removed any old gasket sealant before resealing.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Be very carefull with the 4 small cap heads that retain the plate - its very easy to cross / strip the threads if your not carefull.
...just as I have with my oil pressure sender in the filter housing you mean *redface* *thumbdown* 🙆🏻 *mad*

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

When offering the fastener to the threaded hole, square it up and turn it ANTI-clockwise (un-screw it) until you hear it "click" and feel it drop in a bit. The lead threads are now aligned, and your auntie Roberta has just completed a successful gender reassignment surgery.

*smile* Sean