Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

SPA fuel/volt dual guage

bobt

Hi,

just bought one of these and wondered if anybody else had set one up yet. If you have could you post your calibration point values. Saves me having to run the tank empty and then administer measured amounts of fuel.

Thanks muchly

Rob

funny you should post this. I have the SPA dash which is great and was thinking of getting some 52mm SPA gauges but I have heard that the viewing angles are not perfect on a seven and the LCD might not be clear. Please let us know how you get on!

Thanks

Jason

mv

Empty 0.96

Full 3.83

Span 2.87

However that was on my car using a VDO level sensor in the tank. From what I understand the Caterham branded sensor operates in reverse. In other words full is low resistance & empty is high resistance (or is it the other way round, can't remember ). But I think you get my drift. Also I've noticed that the readings will vary somewhat between engine running & engine off; different output voltages affect the gauge readings. But hey it's only a gauge as to what's in the tank!

So if you don't want to drain the tank do this: Remove the boot floor to get access to the sensor on top of the tank & remove it. Put some extension wires onto the contacts. With the sensor in the lowest position do the necessary recording & do the same again in the highest position. One only needs to record the full & low point as the gauge extrapolates in between.

As regards viewing angles it's acceptable. I'm 5' 8" so if you're a little taller you'll be fine.