Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough class 1 times

magister

Daughter 1 (doing physics degree) wanted something to do whilst watching on Sunday. To help me find out why I was so slow ☹️,

She did some split times at 5 points around the track.(done for each competitive run)

and has produced a bar chart which compares these times.

The times themselves will no doubt have errors on them, but the error should be about the same across all times.

Make for a very interesting comparison between different competitors.

Not sure how to do a linky for an excel spreadsheet, but blatmail me if you would like a copy of the raw data and graphs.

PaulB

oops *redface*

just spotted a bit of an error. The second run time graph is wrong.

the first split time is incorrect - it is the same value as in run 1.

To rectify, copy and paste the data from run 2 column D into run 2 column I.

This will make it better.

Paul + Bec

Just a reminder that I will need a blatmail from you if you want a copy - otherwise, I don't have an email address to send to.

I was thinking how useful it would be to have data like this for the practice runs, available for inspection before the competitive runs. Bec has suggested that she could do this next year, certainly for the Curborough rounds, and get the data into the laptop at lunchtime. Equally, the spreadsheet could be adapted for any circuit.

Would any other classes be interested I wonder?

It is clear that my times were very dependent on the long left hander after the start into flagpole. A matter of not having enough b*lls to keep my foot down!. After that my times seem fairly competitive, which is very encouaging. It is very sad that it is nearly six months until we can try again!

PaulB

Edited by - magister on 28 Aug 2008 18:29:59