Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Springs

Paul McKenzie

What I was getting at and what Dave has hinted at is that you need to know the space between the spring platforms when they are loaded rather than unloaded. If you have adjustable platforms you have control over this.

You may be able to set an appropriate ride height, but with stiff springs you may need helper springs to prevent it all falling apart when unloaded. If you already have adjustable platforms, you can get a wider choice of spring by reversing the platform and locking ring and buying new piston end platforms.

What is your target spring rate? Do you have adjustable platforms? Do you have widetrack? What load on the front wheels (engine type)?

Peterid=teal>

253 BHP K-seriesteeth.gif, no gearboxbum.gifid=red>

Thanks all - I've been away so unable to answer your questions earlier. It's narrow track '96 chassis VX 2.0 with non-adjustable platforms, and "I think" I want the same length of 275-300lb springs on the front. I've already added a rear ARB and sfiffer front ARB, but there's still too much roll on the front.

Any comments?

Paul

Too much roll for what? Which stiffer front ARB do you have? Others manage OK without going to great extremes. I am helping set angus&tessa up with 300lb/in front springs on a K Supersport.

Adjustable platforms will help you get the best out of whatever you do with the springs. I would recommend you go with adjustable platforms now rather than later. It doesn't mean you need to shell out on a flat floor setup, but you will need to look up in the archives for setup information or have a look at this thread.

Peterid=teal>

253 BHP K-seriesteeth.gif, no gearboxbum.gifid=red>

Edited by - Peter Carmichael on 14 Jun 2002 16:31:10