Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

The vertical panel behind your seat....

ben7

I think I must be going mad, but in recent low flying I spotted in some photos that the above panel on most cars is black.

I have an ex racer with a bare ali panel, which tbh looks pretty gash. Despite owning a se7en previous to this one, I can't for the life of me remember how this panel is normally finished.

Are these panels painted/carpeted/finished on road cars *confused*

Oh and does anybody know what this panel is called?

Thanks,

Ben

• Leadership Team

Black is only fitted if specified as an extra. I stripped mine out and had everything powder coated - I actually replaced the rear bulkhead because it had some extra holes and a couple of dents, plus I found one cheap s/h (thanks RiF 😬).

If you plan to remove it, ideally you first need to remove the tunnel sides and the rear outer (vinyl covered) quadrants. When refitting put some sikaflex along the chassis tubes before rivetting - it'll stop some of the creaking that appears over time.

Stu.

Joint Area Representative MAD Sevens (Merseyside And District)

www.superse7ens.co.uk..........the rebuild 😬

I'm glad it's not just me then *thumbup*

Phil G - did you get the carpet from CC, or did you fashion it youself?

Incidently, whilst I was looking for the carpet, I discovered this here *eek* Since when did a se7en have a glovebox? That's just wrong *cry*

Sorry Pete 😬

Ben

Edited by - V500OSV on 27 Aug 2008 21:07:52

Ben - No I purchased from Redline, about £25 I think.

Back in the 1980s I remember Lol Pilford having cut-outs in his rear panel which acted like small cubby holes. First glovebox in a Se7en possibly?

-----

Phil

Step up to red alert! - Are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.