9100 miles

Car is in great condition

New House forces sale

Yorkshire

£17,500

tel 07899 060337 (richard)

more spec confirmation

Superlight, with a plaque on the dash (car 60 something - will confirm later),

1.6ss with 6spd box, widetrack, big front brakes, LSD, quick release Steering Wheel, adjustable spring seats, adjustable rear ARB, 18mm front arb, CF wings and nose cone, no spare wheel carrier.

I have no web access until 28th June so please call 07899 060337 for further details.

down to £16,995 - you know you want to !

rich

Nick

I've just read your wanted ad. - it's yellow, with cycle wings !!! Slam Dunk surely!!! :-)

It's never been as cheap to borrow. Your £12k cash plus a small loan bags you a Superlight. I started with exactly the same budget as you, saw the car, spent more. The thing is these hold value well, so the actual cost to own is only slightly more than a cheaper car, and you're getting way more for your money. I took all the cash out of my PEP to buy the car, and I know the PEP would have depreciated faster than the car over the past 12 months. So for me it's been a good buy.

Why not give me a call. 07899 060337.

rich

Richard is right. I did the same a month ago. Once you've got a SL, you won't regret it. Alliance and Leicester do personal loans where you defer some of it til the end which ties in nicely with changing your car and you start the process over again.

As Nike say: Just Do It!

C7 GAR id=red>

• Area Representative

Ricahrd,

I must say that I am highly tempted but much like yourself selling the car, the reason I only have this money available is that I am buying another house...

Certainly the colour and spec are what I'm after but its that little (actually a large!) bit extra on top of everything else that could break the camels back - well, make the wife put her foot down and say "No way, Pedro!"

On the holding value front, I have been surprised that values have come down a way in the last few years and the wonderful feeling of driving an appreciating or zero depreciation vehicle is now gone. Certainly, the depreciating aspect is far less than most other cars out there bar none, but values have tumbled a bit.

As the vehicle is a 3-4th vehicle and kept purely for fun I have to weigh it up against house improvements and the forthcoming extension, the wife has already dropped heavy hints about my Caterham pot so I daren't push it too much...

Thus saying all of that, I could give you a ring though to have a chat... teeth.gif

Nick

What is the world coming to? A 1998 SL for only £16,995!!! Remember that there are only c.200 of these in existence and in many people's opinion the SL is more desirable than the new R300. Someone's gonna get themselves a bargain!

C7 GAR id=red>

I'm rebuilding my written off car this weekend. and the spec that i'm rebuilding to is VERY close to this. only differences are that I'm aeroscreened, getting a cage and have the mag wheels and tillet seats. the last two options were not around in 1998. It will be a great car for somebody...

of course my car is red as well smile.gif

Dave Hooper - dmch2@lineone.net

I was looking for a car the other week and went over to Richards.

Richard seemed a really nice guy and the car went like stink.

The only reason I can think of why I didnt buy it was because another came up with less miles and newer. Cost me substantially more though, so If you are after a SL I have to say that Richards is well worth looking at.

Cheers,

Dave.