Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curbs Video

Simon.Rogers1

Thats a great time Simon *smokin* about time someone beat the previous class5 time *biggrin*, and it looks like there is more there 🤔 I didnt video my 56.99 so I didnt have the chance to review it. I'm always surprised at what time can be gained by doing some serious kerb hopping on the molehill left hand kerb and carrying speed through there - almost straightlining 😬, it looks like you could possible get a bit back there, just gotta be carefull with the 2 wheels (drivers side) over the white line (mole hill side) *tongue* and that you dont take too much and flip the buggar over *eek* also looks like the kumho tyres are offering plenty of grip.

dave

Taffia rear gunner

Cheers Dave.

Yes I think there is more but I feel it is likely to come from paddock and flagpole on the first lap and then into Fradley.

As I was turning in to paddock each time nothing would happen. I would "clench" pray and think of Daffodils then as the tyres loaded up on the way up the hill just before the grass they would suddenly grip and turn. Tried to be smooth then until alongside the rectel stuff. Drop to second and then attack all the way.

I think the wide Kumho's have brought braking performance. I hit the brakes later and later into Flagpole until I reached the 50m board with my last 2 runs *cry*

I also loose out big time on the starts. 2.43 was the best I could get. It just has to be the tall first. I used to do 2.2's with the old 6 spd so I can do it. Tried every thing on Saturday and Sunday morning but 2.4 is it. However it does benefit me elsewhere eh! So I just have to accept it.

My first time there in the dry this weekend. I did a wet 2002 event and a wet May this year. Never practiced but have done 2 try out sprinting days. So the Marshals event was the first time I got any idea as to where I was.

I just hate the first corner. Has to be the hardest one all year.