Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough thanks

magister

Huge thanks to all involved in the organisation and running of both days at Curborough. *smile*

Some excellent times (not mine ☹️, but at least I broke through the 70s barrier!)

and as usual, friendly banter and advice.

Glad that Alex's off didn't cause any damage - the marshalls clearly weren't too worried - I have a good photo of one of them going to the incident on his push bike 😬

Paul and Hannah B

Edited by - magister on 25 Aug 2008 14:22:25

Edited by - magister on 25 Aug 2008 14:23:26

I would also like to add my thanks to everyone involved in such a successful event…..

It was my first attempt at any competitive driving and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Two main leaning points for me –

1) Driving fast is not as easy as I thought;

2) When the green light shows I seem to forget everything about which line to take.

Special thanks to Andy, Graham, Simon, Richard, Dave and everyone else for the advice, guidance and encouragement.

Many thanks,

Graham V

Thanks also to all the organisers from Kristy and I, a cracking couple of days motorsport and cameraderie, reminded us again what this club is all about. It was great to have so many vx 1600's to play with in Class 1, well done to Matthew in particular for showing me just how fast one can go.

I've still got the remnants of adrenaline from the last run, I want another go NOW!

Thanks to Julie and Martin S in the paddock for the support and encouragement towards our own targets (and for securing our awning in our absence 😳) and well done to both of you for beating yours *thumbup*

Good luck to all for the rest of the season, see you all again next year *thumbup*

Greg

Aye thanks everyone - much fun was had (and I certainly had more than my fair share of luck). A longer motorway drive reveals the tracking is slightly out, bit of a pull to the left but should be easily fixed.

Don't suppose anyone has any pictures of my attempt to follow Mr. Durrant's advice and "aim for the tree" on the outside of Fradley? *wink*

Great days - thanks to all those who organised, marshalled, commentated and generally encouraged *cool* Mark D - I hope your shoulder has now dried out 😬

Thanks also to Nigel and Darren for assistance with tools and brake cleaner after the contents of the master cylinder made a bid for freedom 😳

We went on from Curbs to a track day at Croft. I think I have a new favourite circuit 🥰

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

Edited by - Tam on 26 Aug 2008 08:36:24

Thanks to all from me and well done to Malcolm and the other 6 who were faster in class 1 than me on Sunday *rolleyes*

Alan, I've started to make enquiries about framing services 😔

See you at Aintree

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

i`ll second all of that and....

thanks to all the class 1 boys who made me feel welcome and helped me along on my first time out, especially Neil F, who convinced me i could go faster, which i did until my last run when I was obviously convinced my 9 year old CR322's would stick to the road going around flag pole faster than before..... 7 good runs over the weekend with ever decreasing times, and 1 spin!

a great weekend, for me and the family, will definately be back next year for more!

Cheers, Andy

1999 VX1600 Classic - andysteele.net - picasa albums

• Support Team

I really enjoyed the whole weekend so thank you to all the organisers and helpers for your hard work in making the both events possible.

I managed a PB of 63.85 which I was really pleased with. The only slight downer was the timing display you see as you fly accross the finish line. I glanced accross to the display board and saw 63.05. I wanted to believe it so I was a bit disappointed when the display in the holding area showed 63.85. The PA system was then telling me 63.05 as were fellow competitors so my hopes were raised again. Only to be dashed again when I checked the "ticker tape" read out. The bar across the middle of the "8" must have stuck on the sign.

I did wonder if anyone else had the same misfortune.

Oh well, I'll just have to drive a bit faster next time, that's all.

Rob

Al

No, no videos of the first run I'm afraid, only the second and nothing dramatic.

Andy

You seemed to be enjoying yourself and doing well. Should have spent more time telling myself I could go faster!

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

Can I just add my thanks too. I had a pretty miserable day's driving - two offs at the first corner and two less than impressive times - but I wouldn't I have done anything were it not for the kindness of Dave (I think) in car 42 who lent me his petrol cap after I left mine on top of a petrol pump.

Thanks!

Dave