Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Seats

Adrian Elkin

I'm looking for some standard Caterham seats, preferably 'S'-type but will consider the older vinyl/leather types as well. Must be on adjustable rails to fit a 1990 Long-cockpit De-dion.

I currently have some newish black SLR seats which I will sell once I've found some replacements.

Hi Adrian, I have a pair of S type black fabric seats ( c.1999 model type )with head rests on rails which I am looking to dispose of at a reasonable cost

Or exchange +/- cash for a tillet composite seat

I am located in Cambridge but have a UK wide job so can deliver depending where you are

My number is + 07714 83 59 83, email anthony.burgess@cwcom.cwplc.com

Best regards

OK it appears Caterham still call their comfy leather seats 'S-type' (show's you how often I'm around at the showroom; it was still in Townend the last time I went!). But the CURRENT S-types aren't the ones I'm after. I wish I had a picture to show you what I mean, but the best I can suggest is if you see some of the pictures of the older, leather trimmed cars from before '95ish. They'll be more in keeping with my '90 HPC. (I admit it; I'm a fussy bugger!)teeth.gif

Right, I'm not trying to muck anybody about but, I'm going to hang on to the Tillets SLR seats until I find the replacements I'm after. Only then am I going to sell them. I'll let you know when that day comes in the "For Sale" section, OK?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Adrian,

The ones you are looking for were individually made for each car as part of the "Full S Type Trim" option which ceased to exist in 1996 when the current somewhat inferior leather seats were introduced.

The older seats are best described as Porsche 911/964 inspried in their experience.

Prior to around 1990 the "S Type" name was applied to the then individual leather seats which became simply the "leather adjustable seats" of 1990.

People who have the seats you are looking for will know what they are..... they were however a very expensive option in relative terms so are quite rare.

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM site

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website here

................ and mine are very comfortable in my car too!

I've just looked up the costs from the original supply receipt.

Date 25-03-93.

Full interior 'S' type trim inc leather dashboard & edge protector, 'S' seats inc. head rests, leather edged 'Wilton carpet' (inc boot), leather covered fuel filler pipe cover.

Grand price of £2224.29 +vat (2613.54)

Incredible but true!!!

I'm looking for the same type of seats as Adrian, for an '88 BDR Long Cockpit DeDion. Black, pref leather S type ideally with red pipiing.

Can anybody help, what sort of price is reasonable?

'Just popping out for a minute'

Adrian, Calm down!

I am sorry that you think I'm 'a cheeky git' but would only get seats once you had got what you wanted.

After all you did post the orginal thread first come first served and all that.

It was just that your description of the seats was exactly what I am also looking for.

I did not realise that they were so hard to come by!

A friend suggested I put a thread on for them as many pople take them out to put racing seats in.

Have you found what are looking for yet?

Apologies again if I have offended, I am pretty new to this site.

Regards

Simon

'Just popping out for a minute'

Sorry for the delayed reply. Been on shift the last 4 days and just catching up now that I'm off for a few days.

Simon, a *wink* on my posting means no offence in my view, so you didn't cause any. And I'm not a scouser either come to that! (No offence to 'Merseysiders' intended)

As far as I'm concerned whoever gets contacted first, wins. The fact that I'll be prepared to offer more for the seats should have no influence on the seller at all! *wink*

Where are you? Perhaps we can compare 'Cossies' some time?

Regards

Adrian

Edited by - Adrian Elkin on 12 Aug 2002 16:11:12

Are you looking to exchange the tillets for a pair of s-type leather seats? What are the tillets made of and are they on adjustable runners ('scuse my ignorance). I've got a '94 1.4 supersport with s-type seats - small headrest, front bolster on a slider. Might be interested in some kind of exchange.

Tomorrow's a good day for it!

Edited by - tiptree on 13 Aug 2002 08:22:23