Click here if you are having website access problems ×

numbers for club sprints

robmar

reading the blue book, it goes on about black numbers on a white background of X * Y dimensions.

However having seen some piccies from various club sprints this doesn't seem to be needed.

So assuming that is Ok to run with just numbers, where can I get some from, and or can I get away with some made up numbers using black tape?

rob

The Blue Book requires 'acceptable to the timekeeper on the day' numbers for speed events. Making numbers up from black tape is a bit cheapskate, but usually suffices.

It's important (if you want to be a good citizen) to make them readable. At Curborough and MIRA the timekeepers sit in a hut or caravan beside the line, if they can look through their window and read your number as you approach the line then they'll be happy.

Paul

If you're car 11 tape is easy.....

On a stage event I once saw a competitor sitting down with a tin of black boot polish and a paint brush. With entries at over 150 quid and tyres at 100 quid each spending 20 minutes with a paint brush to avoid spending 25p on a number seems a trifle bizarre.... Hang on, that reminds me of a joke!!!