Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough Finals

Mark Durrant

I do hope the weather is good - it looks like I might have to drive the 7 there *eek* *eek*

The garage have got their hands on the tin top and I doubt I will have it back in time *cry*

Now, what were the rules about extra points for not being trailer trash *wink*

I am not sure I am ready to join Drowned Rat Racing though!

Mike

got the finals (and the Marshalls Sprint ones)

fitted my drivers side Tillett this weekend, think the car is as ready as its going to be for our first event.... hope you all go easy on me as a first timer!

any typical newbie mistakes i should watch out for, either on or off the track?

looking forward to it, fingers crossed for the weather.....

Cheers, Andy.

1999 VX1600 Classic - andysteele.net - picasa albums

Cheers everyone, I reckon I`ll be the slowest of the VX1600's, same spec as everyone else apart from the CR322 tyres I`m still on. They may even be the originals! (preparing my list of excuses already!)

I`m driving up from Wokingham in the 7 on friday evening and staying at the Premier Inn if anyone else is going to be around....

Cheers, Andy.

• Area Representative

Andy,

any typical newbie mistakes i should watch out for, either on or off the track?

Yes!

Get there early, so that you have plenty of time to prepare, particularly on Sunday. You're in the first batch of cars, and, whilst practice starts at 0900, it's likely that you will be called to the start area not long after 0830.

Scrutineering starts at 0800, but it’s likely that there will be a queue. You need to make sure that you are early in the queue to ensure that you are ready in time!

It's worthwhile finding out who the cars in front of you are, so that you can slot yourself into the appropriate slot in the queue.

It’s important to walk the course before your first run so that you know where it goes. It’s even better if you can walk the course with someone who knows how to get around it quickly. I’m not there on Saturday, but I’d be happy to walk it with you early on Sunday.

Mark

I presume that the van/bbq will be on the go saturday evening also.Does one bring ones own food or is the food supplied and paid for .

Whilst on the subject of fire.I tried my new kumhos out at a sprint at the weekend and seemed to lose loads of rubber, with little blobs of heated rubber on the surface.Is this normal?

Steve

thanks for the advice.... I`ll get there early both days, hopefully by Sunday i`ll know what to expect a bit more.

Mark, i think i`ll arrive in the dark on Friday, depends when i leave and what the traffic is like, might leave later so not to get caught on the M42, but i`ll be down nice and early on Saturday so will pop over have say hi when i arrive and we can see about that track walk!

Cheers, Andy

Martin,

I'm sure between us we can hold Mark down and zip-tie a pair of clown's shoes onto his feet. That should slow him down a bit..... or we could get Julie to enter into a drinking match with him on saturday night. From what I've seen Mark will be a dribbling wreck the next day and we can have our revenge!! 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 *wavey* *wavey* *wavey*