Click here if you are having website access problems ×

damaged/broken K series bellhousing

k80rum

Thanks for the offer *thumbup*

Not to worry..

It was just to as a test-mule to work out a new clutch system with Peter C's help later this year. I was going to halve it vertically so I could mate engine and box out of the car but still get to the clutch area, to work out distances..

A composite bellhousing is a tempting project providing I could get the strength around the bolt-inserts. I've got my vacuum-bagging pump sitting in the garage but I might try something with less of a complex shape first..

Darren E

K80RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Superlight R #54

Edited by - k80rum on 14 Aug 2008 19:37:23

I managed to work out distances when I made this up

VW crb mated to 6 speed gearbox via Burton adaptor plate

It's not as heavy as it may look. If you're lucky PeterT may have some pictures of the removed item.

I can give you the height of the bellhousing should you need it.

There is never enough time to do it properly, but there is always time to do it again

Thanks RJ, just the kind of thing I'm looking to do *thumbup*. I think using a bellhousing to double-check might be a bit over-the-top.

There's no rush though, so if no-one else has replied over the next few months I'll do it by measurement and check with PeterT to see if he has anything. What coaxial slave are you using there out of interest?

Edited to say, I've just magnified the pic and noticed a VW stamp on the slave, so I guess it's a VW slave AND release bearing..?

Darren E

K80RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Superlight R #54

Edited by - k80rum on 14 Aug 2008 22:02:52

It's a complete unit off a Golf IV 115PS TDI (PD) - engine code AJM with 6 speed gearbox code DRW. I can find the part No if you want.

The hydraulic neck had to be shortened to clear the bellhousing; originally it had a 90deg bend.

You need the smallest available master cylinder as otherwise youøll get a fairly agressive pedal *tongue*

I also have a 3D drawing *cool* as I was thinking of offering this as an option to people suffering from CRB faliure. Until now I have had no issues...

(And this is in fact the only polished part to be found on my car)