Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Rear disc bolts and nylock nuts

Neil_K

I'm going to be changing the rear discs and pads. Following advice on here, i'll probably renew the bolts and nyloc nut as well. Rimmer Bros here are the cheapest for discs (£15 per disc vs £22 - all plus theft). Are the bolts and nylock washers that hold the disc to flange the same as the Spitfire (i.e. available from Rimmer) or are they from a Sierra and therefore different to those sold by Rimmer?

Are there any other sundries I need to get?

Cheers,

NK

Where am I?

I've just done mine. As far as I know the disc to hub bolts are special CC items. I bought new bolts but didn't really need them. Just be careful in getting the old bolts out, & use loctite when putting them back in. I used new axel nylocks as the old ones had been on & off a few times.

Ian, am in Epsom - so likely to cost more in fuel than the postage, but thanks all the same! *thumbup*

I can come up with a few other bits I 'need' ( *tongue*) from CC so can build up a bulk order I guess to ecomonise.

Thanks all *cool*

Where am I?

Neil

the bolts are I believe Caterham specific and the Heads are prone to rounding off due to the shallow head design. The end of the threads are visible from the otherside of the Hub and it may be worth applying some easing oil before attempting removal.

Rear Hub nuts are Ford Sierra type, it might be worth considering replacing the rear bearings while you've got it all apart *idea*

Mark

Parts ordered from Redline. Their advice was to repack rather than replace bearings, given the age and mileage of the car *thumbup*

One issue though, they had no idea what the nylocks were all about. Is anyone able to explain please?? Where do they go?

Where am I?