Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lowered Floor

Clawhammer

Took the car out this evening for a blast, ambling through the forest when,CLUNK!! *eek* *eek*

A lot of action through the seat of my pants.( Not due to the beans at lunchtime either Mr D) I know Caterhams are known for their ability to transmit info to the driver via this route but something felt very wrong so I decided to head for home, cautiously.

Just been out to the garage to inspect the underside of the car for clues. Didn't need to look far as there was a gaping hole where the floor pan should be attached to the chassis. All the rivets across the back rail have failed and both side rails for approx 300mm.

A little disconcerting as 15 min prior to this happening I was enjoying some spirited driving and dread to think what might have been the outcome if the floor had failed totally

Anyone else expeirienced this or similar?

What rivets do I need to use to fix this.........aluminium....size.?

Robin

SUPERLIGHT 176. PINK LIPS AND BITS *redface* *redface* *redface*

• Leadership Team

Robin - WAIT *nono* Sounds FAR more serious than that. Surely this sort of problem MANDATES a return to Arch motors. This is the Health & Safety age, after all...

I'm sure Bruce can get it back to you, just in time for the L7 Speed championship end-of-year dinner *wavey*

See you soon... Michael & Tam *thumbup*

Edited by - Mcalvert on 11 Aug 2008 23:05:11

Michael, thankyou for your concern *biggrin*H&S will as ever be taken into consideration while executing this repair.

My grandads Wolf 240 volt (No earth) electric drill has been freshly painted in the now famous pink so as to make it very easy to find in the unlikley event of me dropping it in one of the puddles on the floor of my garage while drilling out those nasty little rivets.

This should ensure that I will not strain my neck trying to find said item and will be able to attend Curborough to finish just slightly in front of you 😬 😬

Robin

SUPERLIGHT 176. PINK LIPS AND BITS *redface* *redface* *redface*