Click here if you are having website access problems ×

C7 CAT- M20 in the middle of a wet night...

Nick Chan

• Area Representative

Good to see Chris Alston last night at 1.50am on a wet M20 *biggrin*

Had you just come off the Eurotunnel too? We were in the silver Mercedes estate that went barrelling past with all the bikes on. It quite made my night seeing a Caterham as soon as I got to Blighty *thumbup*

Cheers

Nick

The BEC has gone - now onto an R400!!

Hi Nick *wavey*,

Always nice to be recognised while out on the road, somehow you don't expect to be spotted at that unearthly hour.

You had me very puzzled last night (or rather this morning) because I half-recognised the no. plate (I have now worked it out as being Brent's old car) on your Merc and realised that it must be someone who knew me, but couldn't work out who.

Anyway, we were actually on the 11.50pm Speedferries crossing that had been delayed by just over 1 1/2 hours ☹️ (aparently due to poor weather conditions throught out the day).

Fortunately, although wet (it wasn't even cold really) and very windy (we got blown from one lane to another at one point totally unexpectedly *eek*) it had at least stopped raining, so we were able to make good progress even without helmets.

'Twas only last weekend that the Toad Powerkey was fitted *thumbup*. So, thanks again for that.

Strangely enough we weren't the only Caterham on our crossing and we managed to wile away the time at the port chatting to Tim_50 and his family.

I hope you had a good journey home too especially as you had a considerably longer drive than us. We arrived home at 2.40am-ish, what about you?

Chris Alston

C7CAT 1800 Supersprint

R248 *tongue* ....and then I jumped in *eek*

Edited by - Aeroscreens on 10 Aug 2008 14:12:13

• Area Representative

I thought you might recognise Brent's old car (or rather the registration no. at that unearthly hour).

We managed to get on the 1.25am Tunnel crossing which apparently takes longer at night due to servicing and general works. By the time we rolled on to the drive it was 4.57am and just coming up light again!

Cheers

Nick

-----

Good to hear the old girl is still going strong, how many miles have you put on her now Nick?

We were only saying today how I love my CLK but still miss the carrying capacity of the E Class estate. I really must get another. *cool*

Still people tell me that Mercs aren't as reliable as they used to be but the E Class never let me down in 3 years and the CLK has been utterly faultless in 14 months and 23,000 miles from new. Not one single fault requiring warranty work has shown up.

I love 'em. 🥰 *thumbup*

Edited by - Brent Chiswick on 10 Aug 2008 23:44:14

• Area Representative

Hi Brent,

Its only up to 116k at the moment - but it is one of 7 cars on the driveway...

Just been serviced and nothing at fault or under question at all *thumbup* Two weeks in France, fully laden with all the gear, 32 mpg and still as smooth as anything to drive 😬

Brilliant!

Glad to hear the CLK is being well used.

Cheers

Nick