Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Half height sidescreens

Richard Hammond

Ray,

If you are unable to get the Caterham half height doors second hand then you can get some made up at a fraction of the price. Jill Judd who used to advertise in Low Flying as Cover Up will make some using tonneau material. I paid £70 (I think) for the pair. I have been very pleased with mine even though they don't have the 'bulbous' bit for your elbow. JJ will make them so that you can insert a strengthening bar in the top. Her no. is 01798 813 389

Chris Alston

1800 Supersprintid=green> - Loud and Proud teeth.gif ...well it only sounds fast officer blush.gif

Brooklands aeroscreens for that real open top motoring feeling eek.gif

Hoopy,

I like the idea of cuttting down the existing side screens to get the elbow bulge. Trouble is, I'd need another set as I want to interchange between screen and Brooklands. Also once the screens are cut you lose the front and back fastenings. Probably wouldn't take much to put 2 more fastening on though.

Caterham want about £100 per side screen which seems excessive for an experiment that might end up getting binned - anyone out there want to sell theirs ?

Li7 KAR