Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Insurance

jamesm

Give Caterham a call - they have their prefered agents, and you get 10% off just by being a member of the Lotus7 Club.

My quote today restricted to 3000 miles per year for 3 people was £185 - this includes a huge discount on UK trackdays, and they can provide competetion insurance when required.

I've yet to look over the papers, but I'll let you know if all goes well.

Charlie7

whilst on the dreaded subject does anyone know how the latest batch of bike engined cars are being clasified by the insurance companies? I guess they do it by either capacity or bhp?

Mine is a 1700ss 135bhp 1990 car and with Caterham insurance 5,000 limited fully comp is £259.08.

My normal insurance company wanted £880.23 and would not let me use my full no clains on both of my cars.

Had a quote today for the Caterham Scheme. Me only with car garaged, 7.5k miles - I hope you are sitting down for this - £1092 Ouch. MSM qouted £450 for the same mileage etc, but with no club track day cover.

How does everyone get the insurance so cheap. It it because you all have such low

mileage limits?

Egger Lawson were good to deal with.12 years driving,2 write offs (not my fault..!),one this year with 18 grand claim,3k miles,superlight all for £332 fully comp.

Not bad-most people either laughed or never returned my call eek.gif

teeth.gif Superlight 143 teeth.gif

I supose it varies lots depending on location, garage, milage ETC but it is still worth the effort when such as andy pandy [even though not old enough to drive] has had such good cover and service but over a thou sounds a little bit much to me to give a way each year.

the only thing I regret is not going for unlimited milage and I am thinking of changing that soon, more sunshine more milage.