Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Can I hide here 2 ................

Hibster.

I bet all those folk in Wales and the West Midlands would be equally annoyed if the sprint series ran in Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Kent

They'd be claiming some sort of South East bias and moaning the club does nothing for them

I dont want there to be any bias

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it has certainly been an eye-opener reading through these threads 😳

As a committed (or should that be certifiable *confused*) competitor in the Club's Speed Championship I am in awe of the range of events that are organised by dedicated volunteers, led by our esteemed comp sec *smile*. We visit some cracking venues, and in my 5 years competing I have been somewhere new every year *thumbup*

We drive to all the events in our aero'd 7 (referred to as the "wet rat group" upstairs *mad* *tongue*). The closest event is 2 hours and the farthest is 5. Given my occupation, I can't leave early on a Friday and have to take half day holiday for the longest drives - which I do cheerfully because it's my choice to enter this particular championship. We always drive home on the Sunday evening. Of course I would like events within an easier distance, but equally some of the most stunning and enjoyable events for me are miles away. I love Llys-y-Fran, for example 🥰(4 hours).

It would be great to look at new venues, anywhere in the country, but for now I just wanted to register my thanks for a well-organised, great fun championship *thumbup*

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

Edited by - Tam on 11 Aug 2008 09:16:14

I find it fashionable to arrive at a party late *tongue*

I bet all those folk in Wales and the West Midlands would be equally annoyed if the sprint series ran in Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Kent

It seems the only one who is actually 'annoyed' is you Paul *confused*

We entered Cadwell and Hethel last year and were extremely disappointed that the latter didn't take place for reasons beyond the club's control. If the areas you suggest did have venues like Loton, Shelsley, Harewood, Llys y Fran, Wiscombe etc then we'd be more than happy to travel there.

However we take at least one child to our events and I know my son would not enjoy one held at an airfield. This is something I would have to take that into consideration as it would involve a long journey and an overnight stay for him too!!

The venues I have mentioned are in great locations and are enjoyed by my son as much as by Roland and myself.

WC

I'd say you'd missed the point re venues

I may be the only one to complain, other L7cgb members who live in the east of england have given up on the club as it doesn't represent the membership but to mention this appears to heresy

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

How have I missed the point *confused* I'm quoting you ... and in response to your statement, being in the West Mids, I wouldn't be annoyed!!

You're missing my point ...

To some of us the venue is as important as the location. If the L7 championship was only at airfields in the West Mids, I wouldn't enter it, I'd choose a championship that went to my favourite venues.

Yes, as it happens we feel extremely lucky that some of the L7 championship events are pretty much on our doorstep ( let's face it there isn't much to celebrate being in the W. Mids!!).

But I find it it unfair that you're on some personal crusade to argue that the Club has a deliberate West versus East bias ... Ok so it's not being represented at an airfield in the East, but what it does do is give access ( and cheaper than any other championship ) to some of the best venues in the country!!

It's certainly not the club's fault that these venues aren't located in the East ... perhaps if you competed or had been to these venues I have mentioned you would take on board my point!!

I know 7 owners (members/ex-members/non-members) who don't compete in the L7 championship but do compete at the same venues we compete at, in other championships!! They haven't given up on the club, but they decided a different championship suits their needs better. Each to their own!!

Edited by - WindyCat on 18 Aug 2008 11:02:40

Naaa there's no fight Wolf ... perhaps Paul is as Antonella suggested

afraid ... of discussing this with a woman?
*rolleyes*

Anyway here's a a map of the entrants at Loton Park (I hope I'm not out of place presenting this although the information would have been available in the programme)

... Personally I feel the 'cog' of entrants is still where you believe the membership to be.

Edit - Apologies - google didn't recognise Lidsey and I don't know where it is either, so they're missed off!!

Edited by - WindyCat on 19 Aug 2008 08:46:25