The point about the Sprint c@ship is very valid

I made it a couplke of years ago and was riddiculed due to lack of research

There cannot be any defense of the geography with trhat reasearchg

After all it is not a HILL climb championship its a sprintand hill climb

DOubt you will get flamed as its accurate and valid

granted last year I only specated at Harewood and Cadwell

This year on vist to the Bugger

Tend to miss the craic but Lincolnshire to Wales is a long way at £1.30 a litre

Ugly women are more gratefull and could serve a purpose , doesn't mean you will look good with one on your arm

Myles I have posted a series of maps on Antonellas competition thread

Del, it is all very chicken and egg - Mark says they cant fill Hethel but that is mostly because no one from East Anglian is likely to enter the Speed Championship in any serious way with just Hethel on their patch so until there are at least 5 venues to the right of the Goodwood-Harewood line then it will be a self fulfilling prophecy

Along the lines of the shopkeep who said "you are the 50th person today who I've told there is no demand for that item"

and still not one post to the thread from anyone who considered competiting (or did start) but found the geography just didnt work for them but when you look at the leader board you also see that the front runners all attend nearly every round and those down the leader board tend to go to just the midlands venues - not really any trend of people just going to the many south Wales rounds

I'd love to get hold of the postcodes of all of the regsistered competitors and then I could map those too - that'd really place a feeline amongst the flying rats

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

I'd love to get hold of the postcodes of all of the regsistered competitors and then I could map those too - that'd really place a feline amongst the flying rats
Would it? That might tell you how many didn't book Hethel but what you really need is for more of those to the east to speak up as to why they've not entered.

Ah headmaster, I see you have gone back to being omnipresent *tongue*

Tis true what you say about the postcodes

I expect if I mapped the overall membership there would be a centre of gravity somewhere like Aylesbury but the cog of the speed championship entrants would be further west

No one who lives in Norfolk (well Nifty was in one round) is likely to enter the championship in any serious way even if there was a round at Hethel - they'd need to see a Bentwaters and a North Weald as well at the very least before they could really give it a go. So it is no wonder that the club cant fill a single eastern venue

It is not asking too much to have more events to the right of my 2 lines of demarcation, is it ? One event would be just destined to fail and then everyone could just say "I told you so, there is no demand in the East, lets head back to Wales"

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

Edited by - Paul Davis on 9 Aug 2008 11:33:05

Edited by - Paul Davis on 9 Aug 2008 11:36:53

Hi Barry! Did the club consider that Hethel might have been a prob because it was booked for a Sunday? With it being a family weekend and needing to go back to home to get to work on a Monday it was probably the wrong choice of day...

I would give Hethel a second chance for that reason.

Can I suggest using the webby as a forum poll for these things?

Can I suggest a poll area?

>

*cool*

Antonella

my photos here here

Edited by - se7enmad on 9 Aug 2008 12:14:28

Hi Barry! Did the club consider that Hethel might have been a prob because it was booked for a Sunday? With it being a family weekend and needing to go back to home to get to work on a Monday it was probably the wrong choice of day...

It was booked so that it formed part of the 50th celebrations and so was part of the whole family weekend. As it happened, with the sprint called off, more people who had been at the celebrations were able to have laps of Hethel which they wouldn't have, had the sprint gone ahead, so in that case there was a silver lining.

Can I suggest using the webby as a forum poll for these things?

Can I suggest a poll area?

I don't have the time to create an area like that at the moment, creating a post in the speed forums in the meantime might be a good idea if you could only get people to respond. I don't know how many people who sprint/'climb or who would be interested in sprinting/'climbing that we reach through the websites.

That sounded less-than-tongue-in-cheek if I'm honest, TM... *rolleyes*

I don't think PD is questioning the effort or commitment that goes into the championship - merely that it is not remotely all-inclusive. Sod, Antonella (not lit., love the gal...) but us Scottinglanders are screwed further to buggery than you could imagine in terms of participation in the championship and so Antonella/PDs predicament rings rather true to my ears).

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Myles

no streight up. I beleave that the club current championship has some 100 regesterd compeditors. I thnk it would be great for the club to have a Northen and a south east championship. I know that there are some members who hill climb up here in the north but if a group of like minded sotheners want a speed champoinship in the south east then why not organise one. I miss under stood what Paul was saying. I thought he wanted to start a seprate speed series so that se7eners in the south east could sprint together. Sorry if i got the undertone of the post this wrong. But Paul its still an idea for you.

TM

Sorry it is not an idea for me

I'm not a competitor so please dont shoot the messenger

and anyway

"if a group of like minded sotheners want a speed champoinship in the south east then why not organise one"

I'm not suggesting one just in the South East, I am suggesting that the the L7CGB of GB could be a national series (as has been suggested upstairs - maybe tongue in cheek) and not a Wales & West Midlands Series as it is now - more than half of the membership could not properly take part in this series

And then I get pointless comments from people who live west of my north south line who say "the venues work for me" well they bloody well would wouldnt they but they dont work for the majority

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

What TM,

Are you suggesting we set up splinter groups? 😳 *mad* ☹️

What would happen to the numbers of current contenders then?

I (or others who live away from the centre of action at the moment) don't need to be organising anything. The club can make up a long term plan for including all the rest of us if they accept we have the right to compete without needing bigger pockets to cope with all the travelling and extra expenses. This does'nt seem to be achievable short term and I understand and accept that.

However if it takes too long then I will also look at long term solutions and that might mean ditching my car into something competitive 😳 and I wont need to be bothering about the current class system. 😳

I know I'm not important and nobody cares if I compete or not but I wonder if there are others in the same predicament.

I wonder if the people that attend for trackdays locally do so because they cant get into competition...

Myles... 😳 ... I used myself as an example, well knowing that all hell will be let loose when you start asking questions.... I know that you guys are in a lot worse situation and hopes this serves to remind people that there are others who need to be considered.

Antonella

my photos here here