Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K series Injectors

david nelson

• Support Team

David - my (226bhp) car uses the cream coloured ones which I believe are standard (at least on the 1.6 SuperSport). They are however running at close to 100% duty cycle at the top end.

The green Volvo ones have been recommended to me by Track and Road - they are about £40 each and apparently are a better type of injector than the original items.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

The cream injectors are the old style EU2 type and have a poorer spray pattern.

Running 100% is not good as you need an enrichment when you change gear etc.

I'm currently running the OEM VVC injectors at 195BHP and they're not big enough. I'm at 90% ish. This causes the engine to miss a beat or two when I change gear at max rpm and full welly.

/r

Oily,

I would imagine that this could form a problem if you have the std fuel pump as it's already at it's limit at 210BHP and increasing the pressure doesn't ecactly reduce the stress.

(I have a 3.5 bar regulator, just been too lazy to fit it as I'll hopefully soon swap engine to something with a bit more power - and bigger injectors)

Oily and Dave,

Whilst I appreciate it's a cheap way of fixing the problem I still don't like the squeeze technique as it makes it harder to reproduce the regulator in the event of a failure especially if you haven't measured the actual pressure.

Oily,

I would expect it to be harder for the pump to deliver say 100 lbs/h @ 4 bar than at 3 bar hence my concern.

RJ,

Re: " This causes the engine to miss a beat or two when I change gear at max rpm and full welly." I think I might be having this issue.

Though not exactly. When standing on the throttle to exit a bend on track I'm getting a little bit of stutter (1 sec or so?) before the car takes off. Seems to happen more when fully hot. My (cream) injectors are running close to 100% at the top end. (but then with the 230bhp DJ thinks I have I guess this is to be expected!!). So maybe I shoudl consider a FPR squeeze and/or new fuel pump. As I'm also gettign fuel starvation issues on long right handers maybe a new tank/pump will kill two birds with one stone...

no you have less than 230. Probably more like 217 bhp *wink*

when you squeeze the reg to up the pressure - you attach a pressure guage on the outlet to determine the level of adjustment. I adjusted mine to 3.9 bar. So repeatability is not a problem should it fail *smile*

here is C7 TOP

Taffia rear gunner

Rob,

Any decent Bosch spare parts dealer ought to be able to source them. As stated the code is 0 280 155 968.

If everything else fails can I source them here in Denmark and send them over.

/regin

There is never enough time to do it properly, but there is always time to do it again

Niel,

It depends on which ECU you're using how it acts when the duration is >100%. The MBE cuts out, which I had been warned about. It's not advised to run at higher duration than 85%.

It confuses me that it's worse when the engine is hot. It ought to need less fuel, hence the problem should be lesser.

There is never enough time to do it properly, but there is always time to do it again