Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Large sofabed - free to a good home, if collected

Peter Carmichael

This sofabed has been my principal living room seating for a decade and a bit. Originally ordered to my spec from Sofabed Workshop.

It is structurally sound although the sofabed mechanism needs care and the fabric covering has two tears. Seat and back cushion covers are removable for cleaning. Feather cushions need regular plumping but super-plush. Finished in an "Aztec" style print predominantly burgundy with teal bits.

Thought I'd list it on Blatchat rather than get the council to collect it. Still got plenty of life in it.

It's big.

It's heavy.

It's free.

It's in Guildford.

Edited by - Peter Carmichael on 8 Aug 2008 10:05:51

Peter,

I may well be interested.

Any chance of a few pictures - to here please.

I assume it is a metal frame affair.

Is it a 2 or 3 seater?

What is your time frame for collection ... not sure when I'll next be in the area 🤔

Having a 2 up 2 down cottage with small rooms I'm looking for something like this for extra sleeping capacity.

(I did have a poxy cheap fold out cushion sofa bed but the dogs commandeered that )

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Edited by - Nifty on 9 Aug 2008 12:21:41

Peter, Just so people are aware, when I bought my sofa from SW, they said they'd supply new covers (assuming they are all removable) for about 5 years. So if they want to repair the tears (or don't share your fabric taste) then it should still be possible to get a new cover.