Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SS Exhaust, heater, rear springs, gauges

scooby dooby doo

I have several bits for sale:

caterham supersport exhaust. But the silencer needs cutting open and repacking cos its all blown out.

A recent type placstic bodied heater

pair of 180 lb rear springs for standard Bilsteins. only 4,000 miles use.

In the near future I'll have a set of Caterham gauges available too.

hood and roofbars. I have a possible buyer for the hood as well but the hood spreader bars are available.

Make me an offer if you want any of it - I normally work on half the new price although I believe going rate for a heater is somewhat less isn't it?

Dave Hooper - North London

dmch2@lineone.net

Deeps - the stack Tacho deal is still under investigatin. I have several leads though... smile.gif

Paul - I'll have a look on the parts CD to see what they would be new. I've honestly got no idea. But I'd expect the exhaust would be worth about a third of the new price?

dmch2@lineone.net

the parts CD (what a heap of s*** the interface is! ended up ignoring it and just using the txt files...) suggests the following:

76222 1 25.69 Hood Sticks (94 onwards)

76244 2 5.2 Hood Strap - Black (74 onwards)

76251 1 220 Hood Increased Visibility (74 onwards)

77028 1 181.95 Heater - Fresh Air

75518 2 15.5 Spring (91-96) - 170 lb/sq in

CSP520 1 58.14 Manifold Number 1 (91 onwards)

CSP521 1 136.4 Manifold Number 2 and 3 (91 onwards)

CSP522 1 75.01 Manifold Number 4 (91 onwards)

CSP024 1 78 4 into 1 collector

72430 1 21.7 Exhaust Guard - 5" Silver (74 onwards)

S5-SK 1 4.48 Clamp - Exhaust 4 into 1 (74 onwards)

CSP215 1 133.9 Silencer - 5" - None Catalyst - Side Exit

I normally work on half price for s/h bits.

Now... I need to check if V7 SLR still wants the hood as he asked me a few days before I posted this but hasn't got back to me yet. Its hardly been used so may be worth a bit more - I need to check if its OK though - its been folded away for quite a while.

And the silencer is in need of some attention so call it 1/3 price.

And i thought I read somewhere that the going rate for heaters is a fair bit less than half. Is this true?

that comes to:

£210 for the main bulk of it

£91 for the heater - or whatever the market rate is

£150 for the hood, less if its gone cloudy or is very creased etc

£45 for the silencer - as it needs repacking.

i've been thinking aloud here - how does that sound?

dmch2@lineone.net

Deeps - smile.gif

I sold the windscreen surround, stanchions and some other bits and bobs at the weekend as well. If you'd like to buy the narrow track upper and lower wishbone I've got for sale as well (nearly sold them to a 21 owner before we realised he needed widetrack) then I could get one of the REALLY expensive stack things!! smile.gif

Actually I need to buy the new dash board and a cage so i'm still some way off. please give generously to the hoopy upgrade/rebuild fund! smile.gifsmile.gif

dmch2@lineone.net

Hoopy,

If you look at the crap interface (btw, I mostly do the same as you) the 3rd last column says "PRICE inc VAT"!

On the other hand, it is according to Caterham more a guideline than actual prices.

/regin

This is getting really complicated, let's simplify it and say that for the heater, hood sticks, rear springs, exhaust sytem [primaries, secondaries and silencer] how does 250ukp sound?

BTW the 21 owners doesn't want wide track suspension, he just thinks that he does. The 21 already has a wider chassis, so if wide track suspension is fitted it'll stick 2" either side out of the wheel arches - silly or what? [Not a lot of people know that!]

[or want to.....]