Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Fitting the H1 into a Seven.

Mickrick

A GERMAN engine in a beautiful British car?

I'm no fan of the Hun so I understand what you mean . . . however, the RS4 engine actually originated from a Honda design and that's not quite so bad somehow. The Durayawn is a Mazda design remember.

Other than the K series engine, the only other British engines that have been in Lotus/Caterham 7's are the Climax FWA and the BMC-A, so you could say that British engines are un-7ish *tongue*

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The early 216(1989 onwards) had Honda engines. At that time the K was upto 1.4l in capacity - and it was Rover's own design.

ets - ISTR at the time confusion between the Rover and Honda engines was fairly common - my brother (who bought a Metro GTi) was convinced it was powered by a Honda engine.....

Dave

Edited by - davef on 6 Aug 2008 08:22:34

Is anyone able to explain, in layman’s terms, how a flat plane crank works if the v-angle is not 90 degrees? As far as I can work out, with a 90 degree bank the firing should be even between the two banks, as when one bank is at the top and bottom of it’s cycle the other bank is halfway through. But if you go for a 72 degree (or 75, whichever this is) this isn’t the case.

So, to my mind, the firing must be uneven? Is this the case? And if so doesn’t that set up nasty vibrations?

Edited by - james xflow on 7 Aug 2008 10:39:44

James, have a look here

It's a big file 4.4mb, so give it time to load, then click the play icon.

I've had some interesting dialogue with Jack Holeshot the past few days *wink*

What a nice bloke! *thumbup* I had a response the next day after my enquiry. *thumbup* *thumbup*

More than I can say about another company. I'm still waiting......... 😔

Guess who'll get my money? *wavey*

Jack will be at Elvington this weekend to break the 257.4 mph speed he set last year.

He's running a Dax Rush, and a 703 hp turbo busa bike. *eek*

Mickrick: Jack Holeshot is a great bloke - really knows his stuff, absolutely no bullshyte, and he won't try and sell you something you don't need - quite the opposite infact, he'll stop you buying stuff you think you need but don't. Top bloke and a great engineer *thumbup*

Adam: Haven't met him. Yet. But from corrispondence, and helpfull, non biased advice I've received, I couldn't agree more. (He didn't try and sell me the twin turbocharged 1000hp jobbie! )

Hopefully I'll see him in October for a chat.

It's been a while since something has had me this excited! 😬

For those interested in the Vx V6 engined 21, I believe that this was a chassis that Jez Coates loaned to a 21 owner called Dave Fender, who worked for [or with] Rover with a view to seeing if the Vauxhall V6 would fit, but I don't think it got very far, I'm sure there was never a running and registered 21 with this engine.

Paul J.

Loud pipes save lives, but quiet ones save your hearing.

RiF! Sorry mate! My head's bveen like an atom bomb this past few days. Crazy time of year for me.

I switched my phone off, nicked a day off work, and went sailing! 😬

Had 17 missed calls an 20 odd messages when I came back!

Try me tomorrow. I promise to have the Devils device back on! 😔

Going back to a large Mount Gay & Coke, & Jimmy Buffet.......... *smokin*

p.s. Is Jack Holeshots name realy Jack Frost! *eek*

Just to carry on one of the sub conversations... I know the rover 216 had two types of engine...one of which was a honda....

I know coz my dad bought one with the later honda derived engines as they were known to be better.....

Unfortunately I cant remember what the other type were 😳

---

my mind is blank....