Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Morgan Manual

Srcarter

Hi All , Has anyone out ther owned a "morgan", I am looking for a build manual (if there is one) for a 1974 - 4 seater ford engine, wire wheels "etc" i believe that all parts to complete are present, with new chassis "etc".

Stu.

• 2 weeks later...

I have received the following from Richard, a Morgan owning friend of mine;

Not sure if the Caterham owner who is looking to move up in the world *tongue* has managed to source a manual ... Restoring a Morgan is not for the faint hearted and might require a deep pocket.

The ebay link has a manual he can purchase. This item has finished, but it might be worth looking out for others, or contacting the vendor of this one to see if he has another one.

I would advise him to visit the factory as the build process will show you how they are made. There is also a website called Go Mog which has lots of anoraks waiting to answer questions and very knowledgeable.

Regards,

Richard.

Ebay listing of manual

Go Mog

Edited by - jingars on 8 Aug 2008 22:50:06

SWMBO owns a 4/4 - if you are OK working on a 7 then a Morgan is easier still for most items. Parts are not cheap though, and a total rebuild will be Mucho expensive work, probably twice the time to do as that on a 7, and it's easy to damage the Aly bodywork whilst grubbing around the car.

I've never seen a manual for a morgan, but that's not to say they don't exist - check out the morgan website *thumbup*