Click here if you are having website access problems ×

bring your wellies for Harewood

robmar

This could be a case of watching the rain approach up the valley to arrive just in time for the L7C runs *thumbdown*, only to be followed bright sunshine for everyone else *cool* (2004?)

Let's hope they've got the forecast wrong, like they did for Loton *cool*

Mrs K

Edited by - Mrs Kipper on 1 Aug 2008 12:04:46

I did a Harewood meeting in April after a day of rain and the bottom paddock resembled the Somme. Many cars had to be towed out of their paddock spots and sent off up the road to Leeds to clean their tyres.

If it does rain, watch the slip-road down to the start, there is no grip at all once the mud from the paddock get laid down. I rear-ended an Evo, fortunately without damage when he decided to warm his brakes.

Right, will be submiting my entry to DRR via the M1 this evening *thumbup*

Entry to DRR depends not on a light shower or two *nono* Ooh no. It has to be proper, Lly-y-fran-every-part-of-your-anatomy-is soaked kind of wet 😬

Plus a minimum 2 hour drive home 😳

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

After last night's BBC forecast showed no signs of rain on Sunday *cool*, I have just checked weather.co.uk and it shows showers, BBC weather gives heavy showers, but the satellite map on the same site has no sign of a cloud *confused*

I'll be taking the wet weather stuff and the suncream *smile*

Mrs K

Yes, I remember it well

I was glad I wasn't competing that day and could stay relatively dry under cover *smile*. The wettest competitors were those that had to wait at Farm for the re-runs ☹️

I'm sure the sun will shine on us as it has for the last couple of Harewood meetings *cool*, so we can all set PBs. 😬

See you there 😬

Mrs K