Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Harewood - Reconstructed kerbs at Orchard

Englishmaninwales

Did the school last Thursday. During the track walk reference was made to how vicious one of curbs looked. Cannot remember for definite which corner this was but alterations have been made this year. It was changed to stop cars with greater clearence avoiding the curb altogether by driving with wheels either side of it. The instructor commented that it still has not had the desired effect of detering all not to venture on to it or even either side of it and they may look at the area again in the future.

My first time at Harewood, but from memory Richard Spedding said a number of the kerbs had been revised. The shallow left hander before the sharp right (Farmhouse?) is quite fierce in a Caterham, but it is still possible to take some kerb. It is also possible to take the kerb at Willow where it is level with the track, but only if you are very accurate (you’ll see what I mean when you get there). Hope this helps.

Anyway Malcolm both corners felt a lot easier now that I’ve finally fitted that LSD.....