Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Loton

magister

Big thank you to all involved in the running of the Loton sprint

Excellent day - very impresssed with the standard of organisation.

We even kept the red flag marshalls busy 😬 😬

My first hill climb - hope they are all as much fun.

Overheard at lunchtime from a driver in another class...

' you are never more than 6 feet from a rat, or 5 feet from a Caterham' 😳

....think he felt there were too many of us!!

I wonder how their events would survive without such healthy Lotus 7 Speed entry?

PaulB

Still too slow ☹️, but I suppose some has to be at the back!

A really good day's motorsport and banter after the long break (for us) since MIRA *cool*

The Calverts continued to improve with both of us beating our times from last year by quite a margin. I was thrilled with my 62.26, up over 5s on last year! Michael also gained around 5s on last year *smile*

Thanks to Mark Gibson for throwing a gauntlet in my general direction *smile* and to Lynda Preece for some close competition between the ladies (though I still haven't beaten her up a hill )

Well done to Adrian for a great drive and for his advice on where to be brave *smile*

Roll on Harewood *cool*

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

Tam - looking at the difference between our times and those in our classes (and compared to Michael/ Roland) you get far more out of your car than I get out of mine so I'm just clinging on to being ( just a tiny bit ) faster than you by my well gnawed fingernails at the moment!! 😳

I now need the brave pep talk!!

Tis a shame this can't be continued at Harewood ☹️ but I look forward to hearing about you and Gill dropping lots of seconds there too as there's obviously loads of potential from both of you!! *thumbup*

Lynda *wavey*

Adrian,

I was sensible enough to wear a hat (surprising you didn't think of it given...) - not that I have anything to hide you understand *wink*

The advice from the other old gits was obviously helpful as I managed to get to the top without any grass cutting on the last run - but sadly the time was slower than last year ☹️ ☹️

I think someone kept hiding the 100 board at the approach to Fallow *eek*

But at least I didn't go home with the yellow trowel!!

Mike

• Support Team

There are 3 cars that get driven to every event: mine and Gill's, Tam and Michael's, and Mark and Suzanne's. There may be others but most are trailered.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Chris

Most are trailered but there are a number of regular sprinters who drive their 7s to events. Michael and I drive our aero-screened 7 to all events (hence the team name 😳), as do Shaun and Gill Elwell and Mark and Suzanne Gibson plus others.

Come and have a go, it's great fun *smile*

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

• Support Team

Click on the FAQ sticky post at the top and all will be revealed.

Not much in the South I'm afraid. You've missed Goodwood. Curborough would be a good one to come to as it is a 7 club event and is fairly easy to get to (maybe 2 1/2 hours from Surrey).

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Krissmuss

I drove to all the events last year, I'm still not convinced trailering is worth the hassle and I am in danger this year of towing the 7 more than I've actually diven it. *rolleyes*

John Caldicott did and does, you won't be alone, but, actually, if you want to drive the 7 to events it's much better if everyone else trailers because there are more tools to borrow 😬

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here