Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Best bearings for K-series

rj

Which bearings should I choose for a high reving K-series engine?

And secondly where can I source them?

TIA

/regin

There is never enough time to do it properly, but there is always time to do it again

If really high bearing loads, Vandervell VP2 from Minister for the big ends. Standard bearings are fine for the mains. Oily knows where the "uprated" non-VP2 big ends can be sourced, I'm sure. VP2 are not without their idiosyncrasies - they don't like acid substances, so starting the engine and not bringing the oil system up to temperature means that combustion by-product acids attack the bearing. Apart from that they are well proven.

Thaks Peter,

If I'm not mistaken the so called uprated bearings are just 160BHP VVC bearings.

Heating up the engine properly is not a problem. The car is mainly used on track, and I change oil in average for every 200 miles(!) although I manged to do 300 miles on my last trackday 😳

/regin

the last time I changed my big ends i rang Dave to get VP2 and he told me not to waste my money and gave me the part number for the Trophy bearings which I got direct from Tims stores 😬

jj

N.I. L7C AR 🙆🏻

Membership No.3927.

240BHP 1900cc K Series 40th Anniversary

Edited by - Johnty Lyons on 27 Jul 2008 19:47:16

Rob,

I change it often because I use the cheap ELF F1 oil.

Given the cost of a trackday I can't be bothered to save the oil, hence it's changed after each day!

Anyway I think I've found a source for the bearings almost directly from the tap :-)

Regin