Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Oil Leak - it's got me stumped! - NOW SORTED

F355GTS

Had a call from the breakdown recovery service - something about a 'seized engine' or similar - didn't quite catch it, but apparently it could be serious...bloke wondered 'what sort of ****wit muppet would empty an engine of all its oil for 'testing' purposes....' - I suggested that he shouldn't be too harsh, as she hadn't been driving the 7 for long, and had obviously been 'fiddling' with things she didn't understand fully....tsch - woman, eh! Said he should suggest she hitchhiked for the rest of the journey....should be home soonish I think.

*wink*

www.mycaterham.com

here

Videos

here

102,000 miles car

Edited by - angus&tessa on 5 Aug 2008 22:39:20

when I was in the good ol USofA many years ago there was a [clever word to mean a cross between a documentary and an advert] running on TV. It lasted for about 30 mins and was advertising an oil additive that once added meant you could drain the oil out of the engine and run it forever. You could also drain the coolant and it would run for ever.

An astounding substance.

Mind you even that absurdity is topped by some geezer I heard about who pulled his engine out 3 times to find an oil leak and didn't manage to spot the oil pi$$ing out of the front of the gearbox - what a muppet! *cool*

Graham

Mind you even that absurdity is topped by some geezer I heard about who pulled his engine out 3 times to find an oil leak and didn't manage to spot the oil pi$$ing out of the front of the gearbox - what a muppet!

Morning Graham 😬 😬

Mark

Glad it's sorted Mark. That sort of problem nearly sends you crazy ....

Better than the problem that I have just brought back from Spa though. I now have a nice hole in my sideskin and only half a conrod in no 4 !

☹️

Ex Chairman Roger

Glad it's sorted Mark. That sort of problem nearly sends you crazy ....

Better than the problem that I have just brought back from Spa though. I now have a nice hole in my sideskin and only half a conrod in no 4 !

Very sorry to hear that Roger *eek* Having been there before on a few occasions I know how you feel ☹️ ☹️

Mark